International Football 2017-2018

AnPheitseog

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, DScruggy729 said:

God I hate Liverpool. This is going to be insufferable. 

Would you rather have us or a Uefadrid 3-peat?

Great win, from around 30'-80' Liverpool were unstoppable and irresistible.  Two sloppy goals at the end reinforce that Lovren is not VVD's partner of the future (although by and large he had a really good game, and season, actually) but this front 3 is one of Europe's best.  Give Mo Salah the Ballon D'Or already.  Also feel real bad for Oxlade-Chamberlain, that looks like a probable ACL tear.  Hope it doesn't affect his fast, driving style.

Can't wait for Rome next Wednesday.  This means nothing yet.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Crabcake47 said:

Great win, from around 30'-80' Liverpool were unstoppable and irresistible.  Two sloppy goals at the end reinforce that Lovren is not VVD's partner of the future (although by and large he had a really good game, and season, actually) but this front 3 is one of Europe's best.  Give Mo Salah the Ballon D'Or already.  Also feel real bad for Oxlade-Chamberlain, that looks like a probable ACL tear.  Hope it doesn't affect his fast, driving style.

UEFA-drid. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

16 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

As an Everton fan, I want Real Madrid to beat Liverpool in the most excruciating way possible*. 

*Because it’s not like Bayern is going to win, sports aren’t fun. 

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

On 4/25/2018 at 1:40 PM, DScruggy729 said:

*Because it’s not like Bayern is going to win, sports aren’t fun. 

How prophetic of you. 

spacer.png

Real Madrid have to be the luckiest sports team on the face of this planet. No matter what happens tomorrow, I sincerely hope that luck runs out in the Final. Doubt it though, if the last 5 years are anything to go by. 

spacer.png

On 4/24/2018 at 8:18 PM, Crabcake47 said:

If Liverpool comes right at Roma like last week they will win. They can't play defensively or they will lose. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

24 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

Not gonna lie, this might be the first time I've ever seen Bayern considered fun.

Yeah, no kidding. I'm not gonna sit here and pretend like Real Madrid are the heroes the soccer world needs, but it seems like one heck of a reality I'm living in where a club that wins the Bundesliga by 20 points every season, appoints coaches under contract with other Bundesliga teams midseason and doesn't make sure to keep the news under wraps until everyone's ready to announce it cooperatively, and basically treats the other 17 teams like a personal farm league where they eventually pluck any other team's top player (or 3) and continually renew their resources like a vampire drawing blood, not all of which is their fault necessarily but has nevertheless developed is way, is considered the white knight in a Champions League semifinal tie. Real Madrid, for all their European success, has only won La Liga twice in the last 10 years or so. I know competition in Spain is usually considered a joke but at least Barca is always a top dog there and Atletico has moved up the ranks as well. I'm not sure there's a reality happening anytime soon where Bayern won't win the Bundesliga. Seriously, how the hell is that gonna happen at this point? 

I'm not saying it's happening here but as a general principle, be careful of Catalan media propoganda. You'd think Real Madrid were the Yankees and Patriots rolled into one. 

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Yeah, no kidding. I'm not gonna sit here and pretend like Real Madrid are the heroes the soccer world needs, but it seems like one heck of a reality I'm living in where a club that wins the Bundesliga by 20 points every season, appoints coaches under contract with other Bundesliga teams midseason and doesn't make sure to keep the news under wraps until everyone's ready to announce it cooperatively, and basically treats the other 17 teams like a personal farm league where they eventually pluck any other team's top player (or 3) and continually renew their resources like a vampire drawing blood, not all of which is their fault necessarily but has nevertheless developed is way, is considered the white knight in a Champions League semifinal tie. Real Madrid, for all their European success, has only won La Liga twice in the last 10 years or so. I know competition in Spain is usually considered a joke but at least Barca is always a top dog there and Atletico has moved up the ranks as well. I'm not sure there's a reality happening anytime soon where Bayern won't win the Bundesliga. Seriously, how the hell is that gonna happen at this point? 

I'm not saying it's happening here but as a general principle, be careful of Catalan media propoganda. You'd think Real Madrid were the Yankees and Patriots rolled into one. 

Jurgen Klinsmann Part II

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Welp.  I need some heart attack pills.

That wasn't super convincing/reassuring going into a final, 4 goals conceded (although the Klavan handball was iffy at best imo) is not great and Trent got caught out a few too many times.  But forget that.  Liverpool is heading to a freaking Champions League final.

Seems like a long time since October, when all the "Klopp Out" articles and comments started popping up, eh?

Underestimate us at your own peril.

spacer.png

56 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Welp.  I need some heart attack pills.

That wasn't super convincing/reassuring going into a final, 4 goals conceded (although the Klavan handball was iffy at best imo) is not great and Trent got caught out a few too many times.  But forget that.  Liverpool is heading to a freaking Champions League final.

Seems like a long time since October, when all the "Klopp Out" articles and comments started popping up, eh?

Underestimate us at your own peril.

The Alexander-Arnold one wasn't at all. And neither was the Dzeko offside

I can't recall a Champions League year officiated so poorly. VAR is sorely needed

07Giants.pngnyy.png

1 hour ago, anythinglogos said:

The Alexander-Arnold one wasn't at all. And neither was the Dzeko offside

I can't recall a Champions League year officiated so poorly. VAR is sorely needed

Don’t disagree with you at all. 

spacer.png

On 5/2/2018 at 12:20 PM, Kramerica Industries said:

You'd think Real Madrid were the Yankees and Patriots rolled into one. 

Nah. They're much worse than that.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived