International Football 2017-2018

AnPheitseog

5 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Chelsea defeat Manchester United 1-0 in the FA Cup final on an early Eden Hazard penalty. Paul Pogba, the £89m man, misses an open header to potentially equalize with less than 10 minutes to go. 

Tuned in about the 70th minute and it was a pretty drab match. But then again, I was rooting for both teams to lose. If one of them had to win, I guess Chelsea was the better option since it meant ManU couldn't equal Arsenal's 13 FA Cups and Olivier Giroud wins another trophy (4th FA Cup in 5 years for him).

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In what might be at once the worst-kept secret of the week and the biggest swerve Twitter ITKs have ever been handed, Arsenal have appointed former PSG and Sevilla boss Unai Emery as their new "head coach." I think they've deliberately avoided the term "manager" because, with the new front office structure at the club – including Raul Sanllehi and Sven Mislinstat – Emery will be mostly focused on on-field tactics, while other people handle transfers and contract negotiations. 

Arsenal also announced a sleeve sponsorship deal with the Rwanda Development Board. The left sleeve of the club's shirts (men, women, U23s) will feature a "VISIT RWANDA" logo. It's rumored to be one of the largest, if not the largest, sleeve sponsorship deal in the Premier League, though no financials have been confirmed.

3 hours ago, officeglenn said:

In what might be at once the worst-kept secret of the week and the biggest swerve Twitter ITKs have ever been handed, Arsenal have appointed former PSG and Sevilla boss Unai Emery as their new "head coach." I think they've deliberately avoided the term "manager" because, with the new front office structure at the club – including Raul Sanllehi and Sven Mislinstat – Emery will be mostly focused on on-field tactics, while other people handle transfers and contract negotiations. 

Arsenal also announced a sleeve sponsorship deal with the Rwanda Development Board. The left sleeve of the club's shirts (men, women, U23s) will feature a "VISIT RWANDA" logo. It's rumored to be one of the largest, if not the largest, sleeve sponsorship deal in the Premier League, though no financials have been confirmed.

This move has “disaster” written all over it. 

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Here’s my official prediction for tomorrow. 

Madrid dominate possession to the tune of 65% but produce no real chances until Ronaldo creates an inch of space and puts them ahead 1-0. Salah ties it in the second half on a counter attack, Liverpool miss three sitters and Madrid win on a 95’ goal, either a baloney penalty on Ronaldo or a Ramos header off a corner. 

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Here’s my official prediction for tomorrow. 

Madrid dominate possession to the tune of 65% but produce no real chances until Ronaldo creates an inch of space and puts them ahead 1-0. Salah ties it in the second half on a counter attack, Liverpool miss three sitters and Madrid win on a 95’ goal, either a baloney penalty on Ronaldo or a Ramos header off a corner. 

My prediction for tomorrow is more rioting. Much more rioting.

0-0 at the break. Two injuries, Carvajal is out for Real and replaced by Nacho. 

Sergio Ramos, master of the dark arts, dirtily pulls down Mo Salah and gets away with it, forcing Liverpool’s best player out of the game to be replaced by the still coming back from injury Adam Lallana. 

In case you can’t tell, I’m still a bit salty about it. 

spacer.png

I hate that club so much. They don’t deserve it. They won this game because they injured our best player and got lucky for two goals. 

EDIT: And they got here on a late penalty from Ronaldo and a goalie error that benzema pounced on as the GWGs in the previous two rounds. Perez must have sold his soul to the devil to give this club so much dang luck. 

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

I hate that club so much. They don’t deserve it. They won this game because they injured our best player and got lucky for two goals. 

The most important lesson I've learned watching sports, is that quite often, deserve's got nothing to do with it. 

QYXHOux.gif

1 minute ago, Red Wolf said:

The most important lesson I've learned watching sports, is that quite often, deserve's got nothing to do with it. 

QYXHOux.gif

Unfortunately, well said sir. 

spacer.png

Oh by the way, Mo Salah is going to miss the World Cup because Sergio Ramos dislocated his shoulder. 

So that’s a “go not-Spain” for the WC, eh?

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Oh by the way, Mo Salah is going to miss the World Cup because Sergio Ramos dislocated his shoulder. 

So that’s a “go not-Spain” for the WC, eh?

The Russians got to Ramos. 

Football isn’t fair. Life isn’t fair. Those fans don’t deserve it. That team doesn’t deserve it. That captain doesn't deserve it. 

This sucks big time. 

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Football isn’t fair. Life isn’t fair. Those fans don’t deserve it. That team doesn’t deserve it. That captain doesn't deserve it. 

This sucks big time. 

Deadspin's Billy Haisley is a member here, huh?

Is Real Madrid basically the successor to Man U during their golden era with Sir Alex When they won 13 Premier League titles from 1993-2013? (Ie the impossibly seemingly eternally successful team that is very polarizing) 

And considering Crabcake is a Liverpool fan..... Dare I say he hates Real Madrid more than the Penguins?

25 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

This sucks big time. 

All I have to say.... thank goodness for those 2.5 games of Holtby shutout hockey.  If this had happened and the Caps didn’t rally in the ECF........

1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

Deadspin's Billy Haisley is a member here, huh?

55 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

All I have to say.... thank goodness for those 2.5 games of Holtby shutout hockey.  If this had happened and the Caps didn’t rally in the ECF........

Haha yeah definitely an overreaction on my part. Was purging some emotion and... yeah. I meant the stuff about Ramos though. I respect the rest of the team, specifically Bale, but not him. 

1 hour ago, SabresRule7361 said:

And considering Crabcake is a Liverpool fan..... Dare I say he hates Real Madrid more than the Penguins?

Idk man... I got a lot of hate in me for a lot of teams. Probably depends on who’s playing now ?

spacer.png

Archived