DiePerske

International Football 2017-2018

5 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Chelsea defeat Manchester United 1-0 in the FA Cup final on an early Eden Hazard penalty. Paul Pogba, the £89m man, misses an open header to potentially equalize with less than 10 minutes to go. 

Tuned in about the 70th minute and it was a pretty drab match. But then again, I was rooting for both teams to lose. If one of them had to win, I guess Chelsea was the better option since it meant ManU couldn't equal Arsenal's 13 FA Cups and Olivier Giroud wins another trophy (4th FA Cup in 5 years for him).

In what might be at once the worst-kept secret of the week and the biggest swerve Twitter ITKs have ever been handed, Arsenal have appointed former PSG and Sevilla boss Unai Emery as their new "head coach." I think they've deliberately avoided the term "manager" because, with the new front office structure at the club – including Raul Sanllehi and Sven Mislinstat – Emery will be mostly focused on on-field tactics, while other people handle transfers and contract negotiations. 

Arsenal also announced a sleeve sponsorship deal with the Rwanda Development Board. The left sleeve of the club's shirts (men, women, U23s) will feature a "VISIT RWANDA" logo. It's rumored to be one of the largest, if not the largest, sleeve sponsorship deal in the Premier League, though no financials have been confirmed.

3 hours ago, officeglenn said:

In what might be at once the worst-kept secret of the week and the biggest swerve Twitter ITKs have ever been handed, Arsenal have appointed former PSG and Sevilla boss Unai Emery as their new "head coach." I think they've deliberately avoided the term "manager" because, with the new front office structure at the club – including Raul Sanllehi and Sven Mislinstat – Emery will be mostly focused on on-field tactics, while other people handle transfers and contract negotiations. 

Arsenal also announced a sleeve sponsorship deal with the Rwanda Development Board. The left sleeve of the club's shirts (men, women, U23s) will feature a "VISIT RWANDA" logo. It's rumored to be one of the largest, if not the largest, sleeve sponsorship deal in the Premier League, though no financials have been confirmed.

This move has “disaster” written all over it.