NBA/Nike by BigBryArab (Cavs)

BigBryArab

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, BigBryArab said:

Los Angeles Lakers

For such an iconic franchise, I really do not like there current set they've had for a while. A new purple has been introduced. I tried to take from what I've liked from previous sets but make them more modern.

Association

KUFhUFu.png

Icon

FN4Bq0F.png

Athletes

Co7KWzT.png

Community

SlZv6RR.png

Honestly, I do not like the lakers in black much, but could not come up with other ideas on a 4th jersey other than throwbacks. I did make a set with the same features as these but in the 60's blue/blue color scheme, sorta "blending" eras, but ultimately chose the black over it, as it seemed sorta out of place. If you'd prefer to see those let me know! id like feedback on how the black ones are received. Thank you for viewing!, Memphis coming very soon

Love the script on the Community. The shade of purple feels too dark for them though.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BellaSpurs said:

Put the old pinstripes on the alternate? Would make it a little different 

I thought about it. i did do a honeycomb on the black alt that i tried to make a little more covert (perhaps too much). I was never completely sold on pinstripes for the hornets. they were always executed so inconsistently. i just stay away.

34 minutes ago, kerlonmoura said:

The Lakers look very good, great work!

Thank you! any team you'd like to see next?

I must say I'm not a huge fan of the Hornets. The side stripes feel really big on the jersey (though that may just be the template), the "Charlotte" script feels really condensed on the teal jersey (on a side note, the teal jersey isn't their icon), the teal is the wrong color, and the striping on the teal and black jerseys aren't very good. The tricolor works really well, why did you go to two?

the user formerly known as cdclt

6 hours ago, vher219 said:

Where did you get this template? I want to design basketball jersey too :)

It was posted on this forum before. Ill try and find you the original template.

3 hours ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

I must say I'm not a huge fan of the Hornets. The side stripes feel really big on the jersey (though that may just be the template), the "Charlotte" script feels really condensed on the teal jersey (on a side note, the teal jersey isn't their icon), the teal is the wrong color, and the striping on the teal and black jerseys aren't very good. The tricolor works really well, why did you go to two?

I altered the colors on purpose, similar to how i did for the Lakers. for the side stripe colors, i tried to be consistent with the collar/trim/waistband (only the home one is inconsistent). maybe i should have pushed the stripes on the jersey a little more towards the edge, because i agree they do look a little big. I think the short are more accurate for about how big i wanted them. Thank you for the feedback it is much appreciated, especially from a Hornets fan (I'm presuming) 

Milwaukee Bucks 

Nothing major. rid of the blue, changed the stripe so the "M" on the bottom is more apparent. also "bucks" is on the green jersey and "milwaukee" is reserved for the Alts.

Association

1DGLOk0.png

Icon

xqthMly.png

Community

Ttbx6m9.png

Athlete

i4jiC98.png

San Antonio Spurs 

Got rid of the spur logo in the wordmark. Changed the stripe and collars to give simpler and modern look altogether. Community wordmark arch inspired by 70/80's away jerseys. Was unsure of doing fiesta, and wanted to go a different route. however, i couldn't resist.

Association

U0pQUov.png

Icon

PvThTsJ.png

Community

sGiQd0V.png

Athlete

PUfI3mc.png

Philadelphia 76ers

Again, nothing too crazy. what bothers me the most on there current set is the red only touches blue on the wordmark/numbers. not a major issue, but i set out to change it. For alts, i wanted a thicker font, to go better w/ the number 

Association 

4AOx8Wd.png

Icon

ENWIf9g.png

Community

TD7KXdZ.png

Athlete

T0OWs6o.png

Thank you for viewing. as always let me know what you think.

Bucks- I’m honestly a fan of the blue for bucks, and I like how they use it sparsely, otherwise, maybe Milwaukee should be on the away.

I like the striping changes and the alternates are golden

Spurs- Disappointed you got rid of the Spur in the wordmark, it’s what made the spurs unique, and we’ve won 5 championships in it, im also confused on why the away has no shoulder stripes when the home does? I love the alternates (again) you’re really nailing those, much better than Nike has.

Phila- Honestly nothing really wrong with these, they look beautiful. Love the alternates (again again)

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

1 hour ago, BellaSpurs said:

Bucks- I’m honestly a fan of the blue for bucks, and I like how they use it sparsely, otherwise, maybe Milwaukee should be on the away.

I like the striping changes and the alternates are golden

Spurs- Disappointed you got rid of the Spur in the wordmark, it’s what made the spurs unique, and we’ve won 5 championships in it, im also confused on why the away has no shoulder stripes when the home does? I love the alternates (again) you’re really nailing those, much better than Nike has.

Phila- Honestly nothing really wrong with these, they look beautiful. Love the alternates (again again)

Thank you! it might be the template, but sometimes shoulder stripes doesn't look as good on away jerseys than it does home. went back and forth on whether or not to do it. i might  update it just to be consistent

Black on purple is difficult to read on the Raptors Community jersey. Maybe switch the black and red on the wordmark and numbers (so that it’s red outlined in black). 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived