Cleveland Cavaliers New Uniforms

BJ Sands

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh. Boring I guess. The maroon one is okay, looks good. Not a fan of the white. The alternates better be spectacular, if not then I would say this is only a slight upgrade. With the new logos, im sure they can come up with a cool alternate. But then again I thought they would come up with a better home uniform.

Dont buy a Kyrie jersey yet.

i actually really enjoy these new Cavs unis now that ive seen the entire reveal. Overall they look really clean and simple. the side paneling is very minimalistic but i think it works with everything going on up front. the only thing i'm not a big fan of is the beveling in the word marks. Idk why but it just seems unnecessary imo.

I still don't particularly like these uniforms, but I think they'll look fine in action -- the collar trim is weird, the serifed wordmark font irks me, the side panels are meh (though the angular cut revealed here is much better than the squiggly doodle in the mock-up), the belt buckle wordmarks are objectively bad, and the coloring of some shorts logos feels off, but almost none of those things are easily noticed on a high level while watching a game in-person or on TV.

Something else to note -- the close-up views from this unveiling have made me realize that I'm really starting to like all of the new materials of this Nike template.

12 minutes ago, EvilChameleon said:

I actually love these. They are way better than what we were using before. Sue me if you disagree.

The only thing I'm not a big fan of(but I think it's a cool design) is the "All for One, One for All" on the short flaps. It just seems weird to me. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

6 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

The only thing I'm not a big fan of(but I think it's a cool design) is the "All for One, One for All" on the short flaps. It just seems weird to me. 

That's been on the jerseys since LeBron left.

Cleveland sports for life!
"Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind." -The Doctor

With the cavs, the lack of navy on primaries on the last set (and new whites) always bugged me. Describing your "wingfoot" in your redesign speech bugs me more. Still not over sponsorships.

KISSwall09.jpg

I'd like to see these jerseys actually worn by players and in different lighting.

Like the Cavs for example, it's very MEH for me, but I liked the leaked image of the wine set.

I wish we could get better action picks, kinda like what SAC did with theirs.

The cavs uniforms are a lateral move. They're more modern than the last set, but I still don't like the font used nor do i like the fact the maroon jersey has navy and the white jersey does not. I kind of wish the Maroon jersey had a little white to be honest instead of the navy. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

I just wish Lebron had a "right" jersey.  It could have been the his original Cavs one, which really didn't need much updating at all to still be a perfectly good design.  It then could have been the now former set, but that was ruined by all the alts and because the pinnacle of his time there was reached while wearing a black t shirt.

I hate to say it, but with all the shuffling around in Cleveland, his Miami uniform seems "right" to me, because at least it was consistent.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 minutes ago, suns1977 said:

I'd like to see these jerseys actually worn by players and in different lighting.

Like the Cavs for example, it's very MEH for me, but I liked the leaked image of the wine set.

I wish we could get better action picks, kinda like what SAC did with theirs.

The wine jersey's numbers look unreadable with this lighting. I need to see it in game to decide for myself, I remember something similar happening with the Hawks' new white jerseys being undreadable at the release but fine in game. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Archived