Cleveland Cavaliers New Uniforms

BJ Sands

9 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I just wish Lebron had a "right" jersey.  It could have been the his original Cavs one, which really didn't need much updating at all to still be a perfectly good design.  It then could have been the now former set, but that was ruined by all the alts and because the pinnacle of his time there was reached while wearing a black t shirt.

I hate to say it, but with all the shuffling around in Cleveland, his Miami uniform seems "right" to me, because at least it was consistent.  

Personally I loved this CLE set, but maybe I'm in the minority on this one:

b237b651375ce26ff5c3a89504710998.thumb.jpg.629ea97fcbbc107269f0957db5545658.jpg

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it me, or does the Cavs' unis feel like the first new uni to be designed specifically for the new Nike template?  The back shoulder trim seems tailored for Nike's SSSM cut, and it's the first uni to use Nike's short vent panels to include additional details.

In comparison, the Pacers' new design probably would've worked on the old Adidas template.  

10 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I just wish Lebron had a "right" jersey.  It could have been the his original Cavs one, which really didn't need much updating at all to still be a perfectly good design.  It then could have been the now former set, but that was ruined by all the alts and because the pinnacle of his time there was reached while wearing a black t shirt.

I hate to say it, but with all the shuffling around in Cleveland, his Miami uniform seems "right" to me, because at least it was consistent.  

I think that's the approach the Cavs like. I'd imagine going to a home game, there's a good chance you'll never see the same LeBron jersey twice. So many sets and alternates over the years.

1 hour ago, PepMan33Conde said:

Damn, looks like the Cavs sported a different font for their nameplate. It looks different from the usuals (click this, this, and this). #SwooshAthletePerks

Bjk0FV3.png

Ab4VpiA.png

That looks to be the new template font that Nike will be using on gear next season:

DGWGzUGV0AAzVZ3.jpg

3 hours ago, PepMan33Conde said:

Damn, looks like the Cavs sported a different font for their nameplate. It looks different from the usuals (click this, this, and this). #SwooshAthletePerks

Bjk0FV3.png

Ab4VpiA.png

Now this is interesting. 

Would be good to see teams having custom NOB typefaces again. 

(The jerseys are fine. I like color jerseys that have no white.)

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived