Pink Uniforms

wildfan2440

On 8/8/2017 at 9:54 PM, SFGiants58 said:

Heck, any dark color with pink will do:

carolyn.jpg

Ah yes...my beloved hometown Wahoos.

I remember when the Blue Wahoos first unveiled their identity. I was initially taken aback by the inclusion of pink (well, they call it "Bright Rose") into the colorway...but it grew on me EXTREMELY quick. Their rose-billed alternate cap is my personal favorite--not just of the wahoos--and naturally I own one of each--but of my entire cap collection. (So much so my wife even found me a similarly-colored polo to match!)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not crazy about pink as a sports color, though I like light pink dress shirts. However, the Calgary Hitmen should absolutely be in hot pink and black all the time. There's no acceptable alternative.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

5 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I think there are a lot in this thread that look very good.  "Womens' sports" v. "Mens's sports" doesn't factor into it.

Well, I did say there are a FEW that pink in their color scheme works for them. Cerezo Osaka had some gorgeous looking kits in the past using pink and purple. As for the women's vs. men's argument...I never made that a factor. It's just there are a lot of teams, in this thread, that look like the bottom of 3rd graders desk...if you known what I mean.

A bold pink could absolutely work as a major league sports color.  Pretty much any bold color can.  A pastel or light or "faded" pink simply wouldn't - but that goes for (IMO) a lot of colors, not just pink.  Pink can look very feminine, but it can also look just as bold and intimidating as any other color when used correctly.  If a team treats it as a joke and puts their players out there in pink for a night, and they're all laughing about it, then it becomes a joke.  If a team takes it seriously and makes it their color and their players embrace it, then even the most neanderthal of fans will buy in.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 8/8/2017 at 8:09 PM, Griffinmarlins said:

Shameless plug for my fantasy football team the Ft. Lauderdale Flamingos

Home.thumb.png.bbdb41ce08d18698089af7d0ddabe8e4.png

Our number font is also the same one used by another navy, pink, and light blue team that was mentioned earlier, the Pensacola Blue Wahoos.

If we're doing fantasy plugs...

CROONERS.png

VmWIn6B.png

• 4 weeks later...

Archived