New York Knicks Concept

MrWonka

So, if anyone knows me well, I do not mess around with NBA often. As far as tradition goes, I know the most popular teams

but other teams I'm not so sure on. In this case, I'm pretty sure the Knicks have some foundation with a traditional look, no?

Well, this goes what I believe to be in a very different direction the Knicks have ever gone to. To me, it's a mix of traditional design

with modern design. Not sure if I should continue this concept further (full on primary, secondary marks, white jersey, court design).

Depending on the responses I may continue this. Hopefully, there is something to build on. Let me know!

Template found @Webpixum .com

ya.png

I have mixed feelings about the concept. As a closet Knick fan, I love the removal of gray and I think the piping could work for them. The "Knicks" wordmark/font is where you lose me. I could see them having a jersey that says "Knicks" on it, but, respectfully, this one kinda seems generic...like the Wolves' new uniform. I think a team like the Knicks, in a city like New York, need something bolder. Try bringing back the Ewing-era font...you'll see people get on board with that. At least, I would. Keep at it, you're off to a good start.

20 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

I have mixed feelings about the concept. As a closet Knick fan, I love the removal of gray and I think the piping could work for them. The "Knicks" wordmark/font is where you lose me. I could see them having a jersey that says "Knicks" on it, but, respectfully, this one kinda seems generic...like the Wolves' new uniform. I think a team like the Knicks, in a city like New York, need something bolder. Try bringing back the Ewing-era font...you'll see people get on board with that. At least, I would. Keep at it, you're off to a good start.

Hmmmm... I guess my mindset is the same to that. Reason I was working with the Knicks concept like this was to get away from that tradition and what I call "generic". Wanted to try to give it a simple feel but trying to modernize the brand.

1 minute ago, Paul Lucas said:

New Yorkers are big on tradition...we're a proud bunch. Even Met/Jet fans are proud and they've stuck for a while. Look at our uniforms...all have some (or a lot of) link to the past. The glories of yesteryear. 

Totally understandable, I guess that's why I took on this challenge. Giving the team a new feel while still trying not to go full "modern" on it. So I definitely want to utilize something really unique not only to the uniform but the whole look. 

Archived