Phoenix Suns New Uniforms

Colorsism

Frankly, I am shocked by the affection for the new Suns uniforms.  It seemingly goes against what everyone routinely rallies against:

1. Modern, excessively-serif'ed font
  2. Similar but different letters and numbers, with contradictory & inconsistent serifs
  3. Beveled font
  4. Inconsistent design elements
    1. Burst on the shorts, with single stripe
    2. No burst on the jersey, with double stripes

People are killing the Nuggets because their ONLY design flaw is a slightly difficult to read wordmark on ONE jersey... but then are loving the Suns... just because they got rid of black?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CLEstones said:

Frankly, I am shocked by the affection for the new Suns uniforms.  It seemingly goes against what everyone routinely rallies against:

1. Modern, excessively-serif'ed font
  2. Similar but different letters and numbers, with contradictory & inconsistent serifs
  3. Beveled font
  4. Inconsistent design elements
    1. Burst on the shorts, with single stripe
    2. No burst on the jersey, with double stripes

People are killing the Nuggets because their ONLY design flaw is a slightly difficult to read wordmark on ONE jersey... but then are loving the Suns... just because they got rid of black?

an exciting and upgraded color scheme with reckless design elements >>> a boring and downgraded color scheme with conservative design elements

The Suns are okay, but could have been a lot better. They'd have been vastly improved if the wordmarks and numbers were the same color (and the wordmark not beveled). The butt stripe shouldn't be a thing, either. 

The Pelicans look much better with the new wordmark. That's a bigger improvement than I expected.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Just now, FinsUp1214 said:

The Suns are okay, but could have been a lot better. They'd have been vastly improved if the wordmarks and numbers were the same color (and the wordmark not beveled). The butt stripe shouldn't be a thing, either. 

Agreed. I don't hate them, but I miss the sun streak. I sure hope one of the alts have the sun streaks on it or I'm rioting. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

10 minutes ago, Colorsism said:

Pelicans jerseys officially released. 

Much, much better. But, I'm still not a fan of the drab colors.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

The Suns new uniforms are a gazillion times better than their previous set. No black is a huge improvement. It's great that they kept the classic sun emblem on the shorts and didn't do anything too crazy. If done properly, you usually can't go wrong when doing a modern update of a classic throwback.

They just need to get their primary/secondary logos straight.

The numbers on the front of the Suns jersey still looks oversized to me. Not as bad as that NBA Live screen, but still, shrinking them down a size or two would even make these a lot better IMO.

2 minutes ago, JTrainGBR83 said:

Could definitely just be the lighting (which raises the question: why use such unnatural lighting conditions for the reveal?) but here is a comparison between the purple on new set and the old (with possibly similar studio lighting):

AoAAl5L.png

Lots of their old sets looked almost royal blue in some pics, I hated that.  

They needed a purple that looked purple, not blue.

3 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Suns new look is incredible. Best look in the NBA, in front of the Lakers, Celtics and Clippers

Your last word lost you all credibility--unless you were being sarcastic.

Archived