Sign in to follow this  
Colorsism

Phoenix Suns New Uniforms

CLEstones    240

Frankly, I am shocked by the affection for the new Suns uniforms.  It seemingly goes against what everyone routinely rallies against:

1. Modern, excessively-serif'ed font
  2. Similar but different letters and numbers, with contradictory & inconsistent serifs
  3. Beveled font
  4. Inconsistent design elements
    1. Burst on the shorts, with single stripe
    2. No burst on the jersey, with double stripes

People are killing the Nuggets because their ONLY design flaw is a slightly difficult to read wordmark on ONE jersey... but then are loving the Suns... just because they got rid of black?

Magic Dynasty    406

Regarding the Suns, I think it's a downgrade. The previous set would've been perfect if not for the black and butt stripe (unpopular opinion?), and this, while good, doesn't top the old one.

Hoopladawg87    360
Just now, CLEstones said:

Frankly, I am shocked by the affection for the new Suns uniforms.  It seemingly goes against what everyone routinely rallies against:

1. Modern, excessively-serif'ed font
  2. Similar but different letters and numbers, with contradictory & inconsistent serifs
  3. Beveled font
  4. Inconsistent design elements
    1. Burst on the shorts, with single stripe
    2. No burst on the jersey, with double stripes

People are killing the Nuggets because their ONLY design flaw is a slightly difficult to read wordmark on ONE jersey... but then are loving the Suns... just because they got rid of black?

an exciting and upgraded color scheme with reckless design elements >>> a boring and downgraded color scheme with conservative design elements

Webfooter    256

It's still not the greatest of uniforms but Phoenix looks better now that they're a mainly purple-and-orange team instead of the muddled purple-black-and-orange look from the past few seasons.

FinsUp1214    1,760

The Suns are okay, but could have been a lot better. They'd have been vastly improved if the wordmarks and numbers were the same color (and the wordmark not beveled). The butt stripe shouldn't be a thing, either. 

The Pelicans look much better with the new wordmark. That's a bigger improvement than I expected.

kimball    582
Just now, FinsUp1214 said:

The Suns are okay, but could have been a lot better. They'd have been vastly improved if the wordmarks and numbers were the same color (and the wordmark not beveled). The butt stripe shouldn't be a thing, either. 

Agreed. I don't hate them, but I miss the sun streak. I sure hope one of the alts have the sun streaks on it or I'm rioting. 

kimball    582
10 minutes ago, Colorsism said:

Pelicans jerseys officially released. 

Much, much better. But, I'm still not a fan of the drab colors.

mjd77    521
58 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

A black PHX alt hopefully, then maybe a orange alternate? 

I would guess so..and don't forget the throwback as well.

H11K    279
1 hour ago, bowld said:

30-nike-suns-2017-18-uniforms.jpg?itok=v

32-nike-suns-2017-18-uniforms.jpg?itok=k34-nike-suns-2017-18-uniforms.jpg?itok=n45-nike-suns-2017-18-uniforms.jpg?itok=O

Big fan of these, I understand why some may dislike, but to me it's a really big improvement with more purple and no black. 

Lights Out    2,048

The Suns' new look is a big upgrade. In fact, I think it's already their second-greatest look in franchise history, behind only the Barkley-era uniforms.

habsfan1    1,239

The Suns new uniforms are a gazillion times better than their previous set. No black is a huge improvement. It's great that they kept the classic sun emblem on the shorts and didn't do anything too crazy. If done properly, you usually can't go wrong when doing a modern update of a classic throwback.

They just need to get their primary/secondary logos straight.

DJT    42

The numbers on the front of the Suns jersey still looks oversized to me. Not as bad as that NBA Live screen, but still, shrinking them down a size or two would even make these a lot better IMO.

JTrainGBR83    161

When a team has two good colors to work with that contrast well, I personally love the numbers not having an  outline or shading on the road/icon set:

KihtQ0i.pngOivvIxF.png

So I was disappointed to see the gray outline on the new set.

DustDevil61    433

At least the Suns have a purple road jersey. But it's another look that lost what character the previous set had.

JTrainGBR83    161

Could definitely just be the lighting (which raises the question: why use such unnatural lighting conditions for the reveal?) but here is a comparison between the purple on new set and the old (with possibly similar studio lighting):

AoAAl5L.png

suns1977    260
2 minutes ago, JTrainGBR83 said:

Could definitely just be the lighting (which raises the question: why use such unnatural lighting conditions for the reveal?) but here is a comparison between the purple on new set and the old (with possibly similar studio lighting):

AoAAl5L.png

Lots of their old sets looked almost royal blue in some pics, I hated that.  

They needed a purple that looked purple, not blue.

sayahh    344
3 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Suns new look is incredible. Best look in the NBA, in front of the Lakers, Celtics and Clippers

Your last word lost you all credibility--unless you were being sarcastic.