Phoenix Suns New Uniforms

Colorsism

The jersey and the shorts look like they were designed for two completely different uniform concepts. The shorts are okay on their own, and the jersey is generic, yet serviceable, but together they are an incongruent mess.

spacer.png

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, burgundy said:

The jersey and the shorts look like they were designed for two completely different uniform concepts. The shorts are okay on their own, and the jersey is generic, yet serviceable, but together they are an incongruent mess.

Based on that, then the last set was also an incongruent mess.

18 hours ago, jgiff17 said:

New court?

Doubt it. They changed it last year to a purple heavy with the sun burst on it, reflects the changes they made to the uniforms this year.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I liked the idea for the last set, but that shade of dark, muted purple was a bad decision, and so was the decision to eliminate it in so many places for black.

These new ones, got the colors right, but the jerseys feel like like they could belong to any basketball team, and the only defining element, the sunburst, is just a small bit on the shorts. Can't say I like the decision to bevel the wordmark or give it the vertically arched treatment on the bottom and leave it straight on top. I've seen a lot of 90's fashions making comebacks lately, but I thought those two things would stay there. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

I liked the idea of brining the sunburst back but the route they went was terrible last set. It looked more like an abstract logo for a tech or logistics company.

The new set certainly has its flaws, but as a whole is still a bug improvement imo.

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, anythinglogos said:

Frankly disappointed they went with the sans serif font instead of the Western one. I get that it was their original look, and it makes sense in an anniversary season, but the Western font looks and fits better

IMG_9213.GIF

Archived