Los Angeles Clippers New Uniforms

crashcarson15

So no more black? Huuuuuge upgrade if you ask me, although the logoset is still terrible this at least makes it more acceptable. Unpopular opinion, the one thing that I actually liked about the previous set was the "pool noodles", and then they just had to get rid of them.  

ExJworW.png

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey my team looks good again! So happy.  Digging the two color stripes, and the horizontal line panels kinda evoke a sail. Kinda. 

I'm mad they teased the flags so hard, but only have them above the jock tag. What a waste. Overall the Clippers look really good, but the full logo is still trash. The LAC ball logo was all I could hold onto, but now the uniforms don't suck either.

Good day for me.

58 minutes ago, Digby said:

But I will say that on these new ones the weird white line inside the Clippers wordmark really sticks out. Is it trying to create a drop shadow effect or what? Looks like an Illustrator error.

That's my biggest complaint with this set -- the inline on the wordmark's typeface just doesn't look right. 

I don't like the butt stripe, but I don't mind it so much either. The subtle side panels are a nice touch, the color palette sans black really pops and also reminds me less of EA Sports, and the Icon Edition looks especially sharp.

Now that I see it for real on a player, this is definitely a massive upgrade. The wordmark is still a terrible mess, but I'm really digging everything else. And obviously it's great that the black is gone, but I'm even more thrilled that neither set has that clunky "LAC" logo on the chest.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 minute ago, Lee Noire said:

They reduced the Los Angeles moniker when they rebranded to stand out from the Lakers. They are the LA Clippers now. Clunky as hell, but they aren't putting Los Angeles on anything probably.

I'm pretty sure I read a few weeks ago that they've backed off of the whole "LA instead of Los Angeles" thing.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

This is perhaps the biggest combination of "huge upgrade" and "mediocre uniform" of all time.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

51 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I think these are really clean.  The blue on the away uniform pops.  Overall the look reminds me of Kansas, and I've always liked KU's look for the most part.

They're almost too clean, particularly the blue jersey.  Needs more red front and center.

I don't really like the different colored stripes on each side of the shorts, but theClippers are at least back to their previous color scheme.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, Lee Noire said:

They reduced the Los Angeles moniker when they rebranded to stand out from the Lakers. They are the LA Clippers now. Clunky as hell, but they aren't putting Los Angeles on anything probably.

Which is amusing since the Lakers don't put "Los Angeles" on any regular jerseys either, and me associating those words on a jersey goes back to Clippers jerseys in the script era

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

A big improvement for sure...NASCAR Gillian kinda redeemed herself on this one.  Still not a fan of the wordmark, but overall it's a nice and clean look.

Now, just get rid of this "LA Clippers" branding nonsense...

Archived