crashcarson15

Los Angeles Clippers New Uniforms

BlackBolt3    1,062

Yeah, I absolutely love this set. If only they had a better wordmark, then this might be the best set the Clippers ever had.

MadmanLA    81

This maybe a bit of a stretch, but one thing I've noticed about the stripes on the white shorts, it's almost a homage to American Airlines, ironically enough one of the Clips' corporate sponsors...

american-airlines-logo.jpg

web-jersey-blake_11x8.png

Obviously, the colors are on opposite side if you turned the AA logo counter-clockwise on its side, with the pointy area facing upwards.  I don't think it was the designers' intent, but the inspiration came from somewhere.  Hell, the AA logo (sans the wordmark) would actually make a good patch logo on the jerseys.

8BW14    250
1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

I love this update. The blue ones remind me of this: 

1170-feature-161102.thumb.jpg.8c7742c24a981dd6cd44f8aabdc9def0.jpg

I had almost forgotten about that uni, it's really sharp. I love that wordmark.

Webfooter    257

A much better uniform.  Definitely one of Nike's better rebrands.  Not too hot on the butt stripes (they look like Miami's old eyebrow uniforms) but I like that they got rid of the black and incorporated more nautical elements.

Pharos04    155

their current overall identity is still a crapshow but at least they're a better looking crapshow.  Once they fully embrace the obvious nautical theme for the team they'll finally be on the right track.  For now though, this is a much needed overhaul for a very damaged identity.  Well done for them

Rockstar Matt    560

That wordmark and logo are still the worst in the NBA, but these uniforms are much, much better. 

Bucfan56    3,593

Yeah the logo still isn't great, but it's at least tolerable now. This is hands down my favorite of the Nike rebrands. Bravo, Clips. 

swilson160    157

1 hour ago, MadmanLA said:

web-jersey-blake_11x8.png

Love, love, love.  Huge upgrade.  But why are there different number fonts on the front and back?

habsfan1    1,242
33 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

Yeah the logo still isn't great, but it's at least tolerable now.

I disagree.

Lights Out    2,059

NBA reporter, RE: the Clippers' uniforms.

Lee Noire    316

Uh oh. I don't trust this front office when it comes to getting more creative. I wanted the flags to be more prominent on the uniforms, but I feel like they might do something stupid.

EddieJ1984    271

Really the only thing I still don't like is that thin bevel line in the clippers wordmark, looks like a crap photoshop job, if they got rid of that, the yes these would be fine uniforms for them.

CS85    5,115
3 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

That wordmark and logo are still the worst in the NBA, but these uniforms are much, much better. 

Indeed, a small victory after one of the worst makeovers in the history of the league.