crashcarson15

Los Angeles Clippers New Uniforms

FinsUp1214    1,760

That looks better, if that's it. Still not great, but a much more pleasing sight than the former. And yay for no more pool noodles!

Ben in LA    371

I hope at least one of the jerseys has Los Angeles on it.

BShaw20    118
1 minute ago, Ben in LA said:

I hope at least one of the jerseys has Los Angeles on it.

I thought they go by "LA" since the new logo came out?

Gothamite    5,745
11 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

Please discuss the new Clippers uniforms, to be unveiled Friday here, not in the NBA Changes thread.

New policy is that discussions can and should happen both in individual threads and in megathreads?   Do we know if the Clippers' changes are substantial, or "largely the same"?

buckeye    211

Quite the improvement, but that's not saying much over the old set. It's about as best they can do with what identity they've created. Expecting one of the other uniform options to have the nautical flags then apparently.

Satomiblood    96

I like the horizontal striping on the sides. Unique, but subtle enough not to be an eyesore. A red or light blue version of this template would look pretty nice.

crashcarson15    959
27 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

New policy is that discussions can and should happen both in individual threads and in megathreads?   Do we know if the Clippers' changes are substantial, or "largely the same"?

We knew from leaks that these changes would be substantial, so I split the discussion off ahead of time.

Anyway, I think these are the first unequivocal upgrade of the Nike era. Really like this set.

bowld    510

Huge upgrade!! No black other than logo on shorts. Assume we will get a red and a black alt

IceBurgs70    222

The logo and wordmark still suck but overall these aren't that bad. Hopefully they'll remove black from their court as well.

bowld    510

NAUTICAL HERITAGE

EMBRACE TRADITION

Unique asymmetrical color design, inspired by maritime navigational lights, with red on the left (port) side and blue on the right (starboard) side.

THE HULL + HORIZON

INSPIRED DESIGN

Clipper ships inspired the uniform's horizontal lines, emblematic of the ocean horizon and a ship’s hull cutting through the water

Digby    671

Agree with the consensus here, though I'm not a fan of asymmetric trim. But I will say that on these new ones the weird white line inside the Clippers wordmark really sticks out. Is it trying to create a drop shadow effect or what? Looks like an Illustrator error.