hettinger_rl

Minnesota Lynx New Logo

walkerws    155

Hopefully they get rid of the single font. It should've been dumped after the first season of the new logo

truepg    112

Don't like the Wolves new logo neither I do this one. As are the wolves in both the parent club and G League team logos, this lynx is also poorly illustrated. The previous logo was a hundred times better, as in the Wolves' case too.

BeerGuyJordan    840

"As a fan, I'm not a fan."

I actually follow the WNBA more closely than I do the NBA, so I don't really care about Glen Taylor trying to bring all his teams under a single branding. With the level of autonomy the WNBA has these days, and the Lynx being one of their league's powerhouses, I don't see the point in mimicking the least popular big four team in the MSP area. 

I liked the previous Lynx logo. The concept here is sound, but the execution on the Lynx head feels a bit poor. Like they put out something they weren't quite happy with and said, "eh, good enough for the WNBA."

Yes, the previous set was a bit dated, but they won three championships with it. Moving to a shoddy, but modern logo that apes a team that hasn't made the playoffs since 2004 is a questionable move.