hettinger_rl

Minnesota Lynx New Logo

Cardsblues02    44

I love this logo. It obviously syncs with the Timberwolves logo, but that isnt an issue with me. I would have liked to see maybe a bit different of a background, but with that Lynx there, I cant dislike it.

Zeus89725    941

I actually really like this! Looks slick and meshes well with the T-Wolves.

BlackBolt3    1,062

Yeah, I think it's a good logo. This does however solidify my belief that the logo that the Iowa Wolves have was supposed to be for the parent club, but made a last minute switch, because these logos would fit almost exactly:

3797_iowa__wolves-primary-2018.png

hettinger_rl    351

It just doesn't feel as thought out or professional as the previous look. There is no elegance or flow. It reminds me of this:

Kentucky-logo-2016-4.pngpi-wnba-minnesota-lynx-logo-081117.vadap

Especially the treatment of the right side.

panthers_2012    464
1 hour ago, hettinger_rl said:

Cannot bring myself to like it!

http://www.foxsports.com/north/story/minnesota-lynx-unveil-fierce-new-logo-for-2018-081117

pi-wnba-minnesota-lynx-logo-081117.vadap

I like syncing with the Wolves, but I don't love that logo either.

For me, it looks weird because it's the lynx head on the circle. If they put a neck the lynx, it would look better. But I think they did need a change and the logo is okay for me. 

Kaz    652

It's a nice look, but I actually thought their previous logo was very solid.  The old logo probably needed an update, but it does still have more character than the new one.

Lateral move; hopefully some of the bottom-tier looks in the league change up their logos too and Nike lets them have unique uniforms.

M4One    123

It's an upgrade over their old logo for sure, but I would have liked to have seen more differences between the Lynx and new Wolves logo.  Even maybe if were only flipping the green star with the blue ball around.

Bucfan56    3,587

I'm assuming something like this is gonna be their new home jerseys. :censored:ty Paint job, but you get the point. 

598ea6e71be8c_LynxProbably.png.bdc9e19d89a1c4c7da07c3361e770b9d.png

KittSmith_95    606
5 hours ago, hettinger_rl said:

It just doesn't feel as thought out or professional as the previous look. There is no elegance or flow. It reminds me of this:

Kentucky-logo-2016-4.pngpi-wnba-minnesota-lynx-logo-081117.vadap

Especially the treatment of the right side.

Still can't unsee two birds doing it in that Kentucky logo. That's all that pops in my head every time I see it. 

BTW, I really like this logo. It fits in with the Wolves, but the Cat Head could stand on it's own as a fine partial logo.

Bmac    327

I'm very bothered by the fact that the Lynx is not contained by the roundel like the other two logos. The little section of the ear sticking out looks bad.

M4One    123
2 hours ago, ZipperClub said:

Is WNBA staying with adidas for the rest of this season?

I believe they will be supplied by Nike, too.  Question now is will the teams have their own designs again or share the same strange template.