Sign in to follow this  
habsfan1

2017 has not been my year.

habsfan1    1,296

This year, I suffered a lot of really big losses of individuals/things that I strongly looked up to, in the world of sports and entertainment...

- HMV Canada (my favorite store for entertainment goods) shut down all stores nationwide.

- Alexander Radulov (at the time my favorite Habs player & the team's most talented foward) left the Canadiens to free agency & signed with the Stars. He was never Bergevin's main priority.

- Chester Bennington (Linkin Park is in my top 5 rock bands in the world) died of suicide and thus putting to a permanent end LP's signature sound and possibly the end of band.

I'm also a huge wrestling fan. This year, there's been a number of sad and sometimes unfortunate things to take place...

- Undertaker (one of the G.O.A.T.) retired.

- BROKEN Matt Hardy (at the time one of my current favorite wrestlers) no longer does the BROKEN character due to copyright issues after less than a year, despite becoming more over than Jeff Hardy, for the 1st time in his 2 decade long career.

- Enzo & Cass (at the time my favorite current tag team) prematurely split up & now neither of them are doing anything of significance.

- Talking Smack (one of the Network's best shows) got cancelled for a very crappy reason (cause Vince didn't like the unscripted nature of the show).

- In New Japan, top star Shibata & Honma's career threatening injuries.

If Lucha Underground (current favorite wrestling show) gets canceled, you can chalk that up there too.

Maybe next year will be better. I can't wait for 2017 to end.

infrared41    3,668
1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

This year, I suffered a lot of really big losses of individuals/things that I strongly looked up to, in the world of sports and entertainment...

- HMV Canada (my favorite store for entertainment goods) shut down all stores nationwide.

- Alexander Radulov (at the time my favorite Habs player & the team's most talented foward) left the Canadiens to free agency & signed with the Stars. He was never Bergevin's main priority.

- Chester Bennington (Linkin Park is in my top 5 rock bands in the world) died of suicide and thus putting to a permanent end LP's signature sound and possibly the end of band.

I'm also a huge wrestling fan. This year, there's been a number of sad and sometimes unfortunate things to take place...

- Undertaker (one of the G.O.A.T.) retired.

- BROKEN Matt Hardy (at the time one of my current favorite wrestlers) no longer does the BROKEN character due to copyright issues after less than a year, despite becoming more over than Jeff Hardy, for the 1st time in his 2 decade long career.

- Enzo & Cass (at the time my favorite current tag team) prematurely split up & now neither of them are doing anything of significance.

- Talking Smack (one of the Network's best shows) got cancelled for a very crappy reason (cause Vince didn't like the unscripted nature of the show).

- In New Japan, top star Shibata & Honma's career threatening injuries.

If Lucha Underground (current favorite wrestling show) gets canceled, you can chalk that up there too.

Maybe next year will be better. I can't wait for 2017 to end.

No offense, but if a store closing, player movement and retirements, cancelled TV shows, and a tag team breaking up are what makes it a bad year, you've got it pretty good. 

twi    271

Christ I wish I had these problems. 

sc49erfan15    882

He did specify "in the world of sports and entertainment" but... yeah, not to sound like a jerk, but suck it up.

habsfan1    1,296
2 hours ago, infrared41 said:

No offense, but if a store closing, player movement and retirements, cancelled TV shows, and a tag team breaking up are what makes it a bad year, you've got it pretty good. 

I know there's a big difference between the death of an artist & television. I'm sorry, but I just feel overwhelmed by many things that are a bummer.

I haven't mentioned this. But it hasn't been a good year for me personally either. Maybe if that was better, I wouldn't feel so overwhelmed by other things.

LMU    3,024

My dad had a heart attack. My mom died. I win.

habsfan1    1,296
29 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

This ain't Dr. Phil, dude.

Ok, I haven't been feeling super great. I didn't think posting this would be a problem. But if it is, I'll keep it off the boards.

dfwabel    993

The OP created his own title and gave us his "reasons*" to be sad. Poor reasons.

#GTBW

*-Not Earth Wind and Fire's "Reasons", which is great.

Rockstar Matt    587

Man, I'd be having the best year of my life if these were the only problems I had. My dad has terminal cancer; I'd gladly trade places with you. 

HedleyLamarr    1,311
8 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Ok, I haven't been feeling super great. I didn't think posting this would be a problem. But if it is, I'll keep it off the boards.

Whenever I start a thread, I think to myself "What am I trying to get out of starting this discussion?" before I post it.

So it begs the question: What were you trying to get from us?  And, if these are the things that are bothering you, I hope like hell you're younger than 18.