NFL “Gridiron Gals” Logos (27/32)

C-Squared

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jdavidev said:

These have been fantastic, eagerly awaiting each new one, but I would have expected that the gal was riding the bison, no?

I love the idea of a bison, maybe not the bison - its a slippery slope integrating large pieces of the actual logos... I try to deconstruct the most recognizable elements and recycle them into original (enough) designs to avoid infringement... the buffalo became the hair and scarf, but that's a great idea adding a buffalo back in underneath, I will work on it!

6 hours ago, C-Squared said:

I love the idea of a bison, maybe not the bison - its a slippery slope integrating large pieces of the actual logos... I try to deconstruct the most recognizable elements and recycle them into original (enough) designs to avoid infringement... the buffalo became the hair and scarf, but that's a great idea adding a buffalo back in underneath, I will work on it!

Yeah, I love the Cowboys one you did, but I know that was based on a real image.  Not many ancillary logos for Buffalo in their history.  But this is kinda cool... 6398.gif

And I get the infringement thing with their main logo, but the feeling of it charging, that's what I think of with the Bills.  Well, that and Mark Kelso's double helmet.  I don't know.  But I do love the Zubaz touch.

Can't wait to see what you come up with for the Bears!  Will your inspiration come from the 1946 Bear over football logo?  The Honey Bears?  The foam bear head based on the secondary logo?  The much forgotten 1990's bear head secondary?  Or maybe even the 1940-45 anatomical bear with football that I had never seen before?  

I am a Bears fan, can't you tell?

5 hours ago, SS8609 said:

Is there any way we can get these gals minus the background texture? I really like your approach with the grass texture, but once you're done with this whole series I'd like to find a way to obtain these with just the plain white background.

Eventually, for sure!

Green Bay Packers:

pack.jpg.ce17ab5a15c0efcef9946db47cdd928b.jpg

I'd have to say by far, the Packers and Giants ones are my favorites. Only because they have less of the pinup/cheerleader look and more of what I'd expect when I think of a gridiron gal. But all of them are spectacular from a designer's perspective. Great job on these, looking forward to seeing the rest!

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

First, I love this concept and the execution thusfar has been almost flawless.

However, looking back through the set, the Browns Gal doesnt seem to fit with the rest. The other pics are all very cheesecake-y, where the Browns, for whatever reason, doesnt seem to fit that aesthetic. I'm not sure how one makes a chubby elf more like a pin-up. Maybe revise it to make her less Brownie and more Dawg Pound? Maybe just ditch the elf features and have a gal in the brownie pose?

really, its probably nit-picking, but just my two cents. Look forward to the rest of the series.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived