Iowa License Plate Design Options Cause A Stir

hettinger_rl

All three are better and cleaner than what they currently have. (I've seen a ton of IA license plates, I lived in southern Minnesota for a time.)

ia2009-2.jpg

For the record, I would go with the bottom one as well, but the middle one is a close second.

I feel like having the same person design all three was a mistake though, they all definitely look like alternate versions of each other.

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

Only because I'm no fan of blatant stereotypes--and because I both lived there and ran through Iowa enough times to know better--I vote for the very top. The cityscape lets people know there's more to Iowa than simply corn, corn, corn. All three have the same setback, though--the second that plate goes inside one of those frame thingies, most if not all of that pretty detailing top and bottom will be obscured.

And now to completely contradict myself...

:P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I like the top one best; I like a plate that tries to show some diversity. I liked the similar NY plates that had Niagara Falls > mountains > NYC on top way more than the Liberty ones. You could argue the Liberty ones might be aesthetically better, but the double blue ones do a better job of representing the state. My favorite plate of all time is the Texas one with the cowboy riding around, with the space shuttle in the sky above; I'm still mad they switched to the plain black-and-white.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived