Wonka's 2017 NHL Concept Dump (ADDED: Tutorial Video for Logo and Striping)

MrWonka

Going to be posting NHL jersey concepts I've done so far throughout the year. 

Completely random if it's a Home & Away or an alternate. Would love to hear feedback on all of these.

Some a bit wild, some conservative! Might not go back to some of these but still would love to discuss!

Just going to be dumping these here.

DBBp9LoUAAA9JNi.jpg

DBfHfdwVwAA4emX.jpg

DCKjl7HUMAApAqj.jpg

DCU14OrV0AAjjJk.jpg

DCcooiCV0AAqvPt.jpg

DDD7LxgU0AQ0ftG.jpg

DC-ESTlUwAEhIGi.jpg

DE0j7AsUIAAoZyq.jpg

DHEUzAqUQAErY6Y.jpg

detroit copy.png

det.png

cbj.png

cbjhome.png

cbjaway.png

Preds and Jackets are my two favorite of the bunch you've posted so far. Really diggin' the realistic template you use, as well. It's a breath of fresh air compared to most of the templates that are out there...especially the fine details you include (stitching, embroidering, etc). Ofcourse, like all of your concepts, presentation is great!

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

LVK: An improvement on the logos, jerseys, and even name. I love the subtle details, especially the reworking of the current shoulder patch.

NSH: Better than any jersey they've ever worn, and original too.

VAN: Out of the box and beautiful. I wasn't sure when I first saw it on the flat template, but this template shows it definitely works. 

BUF: Main set is basically what I'd like to see from them next year. Alternate, while familiar, also looks nice.

WSH: A unique look that compliments the Weagle, an improvement on the Adidas mess for sure.

TBL: Love the colour, the simplicity, the logos, and the design. Make an away version and get these on the ice.

COL: Nice for an alternate, and improves on the previous one.

DET: Absolutly perfect. What they should've worn for the Centennial Classic last year.

CBJ: Not too original, but the cut-off stripes and pattern looks amazing. Just not too sure about the sock pattern.

Great work!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Vegas is a step up in every way except for the primary logo, which i think is a slight step down, although i still really like it. The secondary is a YUGE step up, it's perfect.

I honestly don't like Nashville. The stripes really don't have much rhyme or reason to their direction, which makes it look cluttered. Seeing it now, adidas' tidied-up version of the Preds uni was actually an improvement in many ways.

Vancouver looks sick, it's very conceptual, but it would still look great on ice. Green and blue never touch, so everyone goes home happy.

Yeah, i mean, that's my ideal Sabres set, it's always been. It really needs to happen soon.

Washington looks almost football-ish which i think is due to the shoulder stripes (AFL Patriots!), but stills looks really slick. Love the sleeve stars and of course, the weagle.

Tampa: YES. OH SWEET LORD YES.

Very realistic 2018/19 Adidas Avs Alt., and i wouldn't complain.

Much, much, much better than Buffalo's previous dabble in yellow. I kinda love it actually, compliments your H/A concepts nicely.

Detroit is basically flawless, and surprisingly unique too. Love the D patch on the sleeve.

I'd like to see Columbus with 360 arm bands and more dramatic waist stripes. The home esp. looks too simple right now.

Great concepts all-around though, looking forward to more!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Guest darkpiranha

Is that the Sportstemplates.net template? (I'm sure it is).   First time seeing someone here use one of those templates (someone that isn't a shill, that is).  How do you like it?  Worth the investment?  Definitely looks nice  

2 minutes ago, darkpiranha said:

Is that the Sportstemplates.net template? (I'm sure it is).   First time seeing someone here use one of those templates (someone that isn't a shill, that is).  How do you like it?  Worth the investment?  Definitely looks nice  

Yes, it is.

For me, it's been amazing. Totally worth it. It's been a help with not only making concepts look more quality but it's helped boost my portfolio by enhancing the whole brand of what I'm showing. I'd say to anyone "serious" about making concepts this is pretty great. It's really easy to use to get the jersey design on there.

The line draws at the placement of everything. A lot of people that use the template use the quick placement that the template allows. Example: You double-click on a PS layer and it brings you to a new file. A flat 2D file for you to place your design, logos, etc. Then once you save that file it will translate that into the 3D model. Quick and easy, however, I believe you lose some of the quality you could have. A lot of the design and stitching I do is all manual onto the template just to give it a little more realism. Still, though, it's been worth every penny.

Guest darkpiranha

Cool.  I've been staring at these templates since the first time that guy posted in here way back when.  The only thing that bugs me about it is the headless horseman nature of it.  I know it's a common thing, but with hockey, there's no other blank spots except the head, so it just looks weird to me.  I'd have to put a mannequin-style head in it or something.    

9 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

Cool.  I've been staring at these templates since the first time that guy posted in here way back when.  The only thing that bugs me about it is the headless horseman nature of it.  I know it's a common thing, but with hockey, there's no other blank spots except the head, so it just looks weird to me.  I'd have to put a mannequin-style head in it or something.    

Yea would be an easy edit. If theres one thing I dislike about the template it's the helmet. I think using the quick placement is a bit confusing, and I think the helmet looks too robotic/bulky so I don't even use it

23 hours ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Compared to illustrator, how long does it usually take to translate everything onto your PS template and look presentable?

With design in mind, Illustrator usually takes 30-45 minutes depending on how different the design is and if I have to alter the template in any way.

This at minimum is around 45 minutes for simpler designs if I already have them in mind. Like, base stripes, simple logo, no real tampering with the template.

Some designs in this like Pittsburgh, Colorado, Vancouver (changing the yoke style, and side panel stripes), CBJ, LV (Stopping the stripes on the sleeve with stitching), and TB, NSH (Intricate, unique sleeve designs) will take usually a base of one hour to an hour and a half including presentation set up. Definitely not ideal time wise but I think it makes up for with the overall final product. 

And while I don't think Nashville's design would go over well in the hockey world with a lot of fans, just taking the time and trying to make it look realistic helped the cause of when people see it.

This one was probably my most controversial concept posted to Twitter and Instagram. Biggest complaints were "is this team from Miami?" and "looks like Minnesota." I don't understand the latter, but here is the idea behind it. 

Took the jade from the original Mighty Ducks set and mashed it with the orange from their current. Also took some ideas from their current set and mashed it together with the original Mighty Ducks jersey. All in all, it's a full combo of current and original. 

heim.png

ane.png

• 2 weeks later...

This one is the first of the bunch to utilize a concept logo. Logo created by Josh Benksy. If you're on twitter, you can follow him there!

Used the brown and gold combo that I feel Boston should go back to. It would be unique to the NHL and I think fits the Bruin name better. Also, looking at Wyomings NCAA Football uniforms this week, I had to go back. I thought it looked gorgeous. 

bos1.png

bos.png

Archived