NoE38's New Look NHL (Devils posted 2/5)

NoE38_Concepts

Welcome to my new series, the New Look NHL!

In this series, My goal is to give each NHL team a new look (compared to what they unveiled with Adidas) based on many things, such as one-off jerseys, the team's mascot in real life, or just ideas that come into my head. This is not a tweaking series or an Ideal look series. Some jerseys in this series could be on a 90's level of craziness, and others a simple, timeless look. Due to my lack of logo-making skills, I will be using some teams' primary or alternate logos, or I might mashup some of a teams' logos.

Teams:

Anaheim Ducks

Arizona Coyotes

Boston Bruins

Buffalo Sabres

Calgary Flames

Carolina Hurricanes

Chicago Blackhawks (Rainbowhawks)

Colorado Avalanche

Columbus Blue Jackets

Dallas Stars

Detroit Red Wings

Edmonton Oilers

Florida Panthers

Los Angeles Kings

Minnesota Wild

Montreal Canadiens

Nashville Predators

New Jersey Devils

New York Islanders

New York Rangers

Ottawa Senators

Philadelphia Flyers

Pittsburgh Penguins

San Jose Sharks

St. Louis Blues

Tampa Bay Lightning

Toronto Maple Leafs

Vancouver Canucks

Vegas Golden Knights

Washington Capitals

Winnipeg Jets

Let's kick this off!

I always thought that the Ducks were a green/jade team, so I used Jade as the base colour for the set. The striping isn't exactly 'new' but think it'll pass. The stripes are not slanted, and feature three stripes and then a cuff the colour of the middle stripe. This pattern is also used on the hem and socks. I used a rounded font for the numbers and names to tie it all together. The equipment is purple aside from the helmets.

MapLaon.png

C&C is appreciated!

I am not doing this is any particular order, so if you want to see a certain team done, or a set done in a certain way, feel free to post any idea you have.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, generalshepherd141 said:

Maybe make the webbed-D shoulder logos on the home white instead of jade. Otherwise, really like what you've done for the Ducks.

11 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

I think using the silver stripe is too much. Othet than that and the home shoulder logo, these are nice unis

Thanks! Something like this?

ReHozpB.png

11 hours ago, TheGoldenTriangle said:

I like the Ducks, but the shoulder logos are almost impossible to see on the home. I think a Penguins set using Robo-Penguin could be interesting.

I'll try out some ideas with it. Should be up sometime in the next few days.

spacer.png

Next up is the Pittsburgh Penguins using the Robo-penguin, as suggested by @TheGoldenTriangle. The Penguins have never used a sleeve-length yoke, so I decided that would be a good start. The yoke features a chevron the main colour of the jersey, with different colours on the top and bottom, giving them a unique look. The bottom stripes are similar to what the Penguins where now.

kXbJo7D.png

C&C is appreciated, and Requests are open!

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NoE38's New Look NHL (Pittsburgh posted 8/23)
11 hours ago, TheGoldenTriangle said:

Looks nice, I really like the sleeve-length yoke. It may be me, but I’m not a fan of the no outline numbers, I would prefer the numbers they have on their current uniforms. Overall, it’s a good set!

Yeah, I wasn't 100% sure of the font. Dot out think another style of font would work or should I just add outlines?

spacer.png

Sorry for the long wait, trying to enjoy my last week before school starts up again.

Next up is the Chicago Blackhawks. Before you all question me about why the sacred red is gone, here's the backstory: A few years ago, I went on a trip to Chicago, and while I was there, I discovered that the Chicago river is dyed green for St. Pat's day. That popped into my head one day, so I decided to give the Hawks a new look by switching red and green. The striping pattern isn't too far from what the Hawks currently wear, it has 5 stripes, but the 2nd and 4th stripes, which are green, are thicker than the white stripes. I added a yoke to make the look more different.

nuqoTU5.png

I also made a red version for all you Blackhawks Fans/Hockey Purists out there so that you don't have to suffer.

jKYALb8.png

C&C welcome, and if you have any requests for a certain team/style, throw them at me!

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NoE38's New Look NHL (Chicago posted 8/31)(Requests taken)
Guest darkpiranha

Looks cool.  I'd also be curious to see a couple more versions where the primary colors are the yellow and orange from the other two feathers.  Having a fleet of colors would make the multicolored feathers seem more like a deliberate design choice for the team, rather than an odd design holdover based on legacy.   (I'm one of those people who love a million alternate uniform sets, even for teams buried in tradition like the Blackhawks). 

1 hour ago, darkpiranha said:

Looks cool.  I'd also be curious to see a couple more versions where the primary colors are the yellow and orange from the other two feathers.  Having a fleet of colors would make the multicolored feathers seem more like a deliberate design choice for the team, rather than an odd design holdover based on legacy.   (I'm one of those people who love a million alternate uniform sets, even for teams buried in tradition like the Blackhawks). 

Thanks! do you mean the green stripes being yellow/orange, or the jersey base is that colour, with all the other feather colours? I could certainly do that?

58 minutes ago, EJaws said:

For the Green & Black Chicago jerseys i got a weird North Dakota Hawks vibe from it. I Do like that the BLACKhawks home jerseys are BLACK, not red. 

I understand where you got that from. These could work as Hawks jerseys.

spacer.png

Guest darkpiranha

I meant the jersey base.  So the team would have four or five different solid color jersey sets (at least, I love mixing and matching!).  Black, red, green, orange, yellow.  Each color could be for a specific occasion or set of factors, such as "yellow is always on Mondays", "red for games against Original Six teams",  "Orange for division games", and "green for holidays and other special days."  "Black for everything else."

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to NoE38's New Look NHL (Chicago update 9/2)(Requests taken)
On 9/3/2017 at 11:39 AM, TheGoldenTriangle said:

The RainbowHawks aren’t bad, I really like the green and orange ones. The striping is really good. This new look is great

Thanks! Do you mind if I use the term Rainbowhawks if I post them in other places? I think it's a perfect way do describe them.

Next up we have the Tampa Bay Lightning. Even though their current jerseys are IMO their best look, they're still incredibly bland, So I tried to spice it up by adding black back to the pallette, and changing the logo to the roundel in their current shoulder patch. The main attraction in this set is the sleeve-length yoke, which features a lightning stripe which stretches down to the cuffs. The hem stripes are also stylized in a lightning-like fashion.

uL8vhDk.png

C&C and requests welcome.

spacer.png

Archived