Htown1141

Here's some stuff I've made in the week I got back to school (my computer got stolen and nothing in my house can run illustrator well, so I made all of this stuff on the school computer in Ai). This will probably be used for an upcoming baseball series, as I already have a few teams done. Tell me whatcha think!

CARDINALS:

9t1cuHJ.png 

Here are the variations of an update for that old Cardinals primary logo (1956-1966) and alt (1967-1997) with the bird swingin' a bat that goes better with the current birdset.

PADRES:

I didn't realize this, and I'm sure this might not have dawned on some people, BUT THIS IS A SPANISH MISSION TOWER, NOT A UNIVERSITY LOGO

I created some variations of coloring for those people that like brown for some reason <roasted></roasted>, one with brown/orange/gold, one with brown/gold, and one with navy/gold. I'm trying to figure out what to do for partial logos, but those'll come when the rest of the teams are rolled out hopefully by next year

Opa3pIc.png

C&C appreciated :)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cardinals: Good stuff overall. One nitpick, though, is incongruence of the outer navy blue strokes. They come to points in and around the bird's head but they are rounded off elsewhere, most notably around its feet. The eye looks a bit weird to me as well, like it's looking back at the viewer when it should be focused straight ahead of it -- to the viewer's right -- on the pitcher.

Padres: Again good stuff overall. Again just picking nits here. I'd knock the text in the roundel down a couple points, just to give it a little more room to breathe. And maybe the whole of "SAN DIEGO PADRES BASEBALL CLUB" centred from the bottom point of the circle, just to make it more symmetrical. The cross on top of the tower is also bugging me as it's two-dimensional while everything else is 3D. I like the perspective of it and would keep that, but just work to make it 3D like the rest of the tower.

Hopefully some small tweaks like these will take these projects from good to great.

@officeglenn interesting you point out the bottom center of the circle option for the text, but i ended up with a presidential seal problem, and I do not like my letters upside down. I worked on the Cards, I sharpened the corners and I'd say it looks a lot better.

bird1.png.47a9ad58b409e518e5fd1ad9d8638f45.png

and I got around to working on the cross

here's an updated version @Dan O'Mac

t.png.f814f20120725890e66f36fcbed3dc97.png

and my favorite right here:

12.png.306a65a041cfa78a992be6989d00daa8.png

The tapered strokes on the cardinal and the 3D cross on the tower look great!

As for the roundel text, I was thinking you could curve it like you have the "EST. 1969" currently. I don't think it would go up the sides so far that you'd start getting upside-down letters.

57 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

The tapered strokes on the cardinal and the 3D cross on the tower look great!

As for the roundel text, I was thinking you could curve it like you have the "EST. 1969" currently. I don't think it would go up the sides so far that you'd start getting upside-down letters.

I also did that made the font a bit smaller and the letters closer together, but then the rest of the roundel looked empty and I didn't know what to do with the rest of it. I mean it ain't too broke, is it?

As a Birds fan, I like the new Sluggerbird you made. Not sure how well it would go with their current logo set, though. 

You have the Birds-on-Bat, and then you got an anthropomorphic version of those same birds swinging a bat. They look great by themselves, but less so as a set. Don't forget... when they made the original Sluggerbird, it was supposed to go with a uniform redesign in the 1950s that took away the birds on the bat. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'm gonna compare my sluggerbird with yours later...not sure which one I prefer.  I quite like the Padres logo, colors be damned.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 4 weeks later...

Archived