Ice_Cap

WWE No Mercy: 24 September 2017

nuordr    475
1 hour ago, CS85 said:

Holy CRAP, just listened to Emma's new theme and it is TRASH.  CF0$ disowned the theme on twitter today, basically saying that garbage wasn't his/their responsibility.  

It is a major downgrade from her previous theme.  Even if I wrote that song, I would disown it

BringBackTheVet    4,173

That theme is horrific. 

Just saw the Cena Reigns segment. Not sure I'm comfortable with Cena talking about heel turns, roman being given the USC, his character, etc. At least he acknowledged breaking the 4th wall, much like Punk did during the pipe bomb speach. 

That being said, Jesus did they bury reigns right there. If they're really trying to get him over, putting him in a promo battle with one of the greatest of all time didn't do him any favors. Cena destroyed him. "I'm only here because you can't do your job" was, as the kids say, savage. Reigns looked so uncomfortable, and only elicited a response by calling Cena a bitch, which is basically a cheap pop. 

I dont see any way Cena wins this match. Reigns will somehow end up beating the hell out of him, not stopping, and basically cementing himself as a heel (though I'm sure some would cheer him for it. ). I think a lot of the anti-Cena sentiment has softened considering, as he said, he isn't always the main event anymore and isn't bulletproof. 

DDR    955

Cena's going back to SmackDown when he's done filming this next movie. So that, coupled with just general knowledge of how WWE does things makes me really skeptical they'll ever turn Reigns heel, let alone at No Mercy. I don't think they'd let Reigns cheat to win then leave the Franchise broken and beaten on the mat unless there was at least one more match coming.

BringBackTheVet    4,173

PHILLIES were postponed, so while killing time John Kruk (who seems to have aged 20 years overnight) is just babbling about being friends with Mick Foley and describing his matches with Indertaker and Rock. It then turned into him saying what Time SDL is on and that he's glad he can go home and watch it. 

DG_Now    3,884

I saw the segment too. It's a similar promo that Cena has given a lot over the past 5 years or so, right? That he has to keep coming back because no one has replaced him? He's right too. At least WWE finally acknowledged on-screen that Roman is kind of artificial. That's big of them.

The smart move now, to me, is to have Roman beat the hell out of Cena and put him out until WrestleMania. A heel run for Roman from now until then could be a lot of fun, and a conquering Cena returning as a conquering hero could be a lot of fun.

Red Wolf    658

The one issue I could see with Roman going heel (at least under WWE logic), is that all of their main eventers are heel. Roman is supposedly face but is hated, while Brock, Braun, and Joe are all heel, yet beloved. Plus, if they were going to have Roman officially turn heel, it would have happened when he lost the ambulance match to Braun fair and square and then very heel-ishly tried to commit murder. If that didn't make him heel in WWE's eyes, then what will? 

habsfan1    1,296
11 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

The one issue I could see with Roman going heel (at least under WWE logic), is that all of their main eventers are heel. Roman is supposedly face but is hated, while Brock, Braun, and Joe are all heel, yet beloved.

Because the audience ultimately decides who to cheer for, I honestly lost track of who is what anymore.

Red Wolf    658
3 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Because the audience ultimately decides who to cheer for, I honestly lost track of who is what anymore.

But a big part of wrestling is getting the proper reaction from the audience, and it seems like they fail at that constantly. I mean, sure, some bad guys are going to get cheered because they're awesome, but your faces should be getting cheered and it seems like they don't know how to make that happen. Bayley of all people is getting booed which is an utter failure by WWE. 

I would say this is such a weird and new phenomenon, but it's been happening with John Cena as far back as like 05 or 06. 

nuordr    475

I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up, but in WWE stopped using pyro in July and I'm personally not a fan of no pyro. I understand it is a cost saving move, but just seeing Brock Lesnar enter without Pyro takes away from his entrance. How does everyone else feel about the move? 

DDR    955
2 minutes ago, nuordr said:

I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up, but in WWE stopped using pyro in July and I'm personally not a fan of no pyro. I understand it is a cost saving move, but just seeing Brock Lesnar enter without Pyro takes away from his entrance. How does everyone else feel about the move? 

We did touch on it briefly. Personally I don't care about this. There are a select few entrances that I think "need" pyro, but overall most pyro feels tacked on anyway. Kane without pyro wouldn't be the same. Batista had pyro incorporated in a natural way. AJ Styles will be just fine. 

DDR    955

I've heard wrasslin' themes in other commercials as well. The only one I can remember offhand is Booker T.'s theme being used for some cologne ad. 

Also, Yoshi Tatsu's WWE theme was in this early Portlandia sketch.

Red Wolf    658
On 8/31/2017 at 9:47 AM, nuordr said:

When we discussed it, I believe we came to the conclusion that WWE was doomed like WCW, and that Jeff Jarrett would have the last laugh. 

habsfan1    1,296
4 hours ago, osctheg said:

WWE needs Brock to lose the title and Braun to win it

Agreed 100%.

I find it very lame that their "A-Show" has no World Championship belt on TV most of the time because their champion is rarely ever around to defend it. The UT often feels like an afterthought, when they move it to the backseat, in Brock's absence. What are the main event scene competitors competing for? It's not treated like the top prize it's supposed to be.

Red Wolf    658
40 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Agreed 100%.

I find it very lame that their "A-Show" has no World Championship belt on TV most of the time because their champion is rarely ever around to defend it. The UT often feels like an afterthought, when they move it to the backseat, in Brock's absence. What are the main event scene competitors competing for? It's not treated like the top prize it's supposed to be.

It's the lesser of two evils compared to how they've treated the WWE Championship. I don't need Brock to wrestle every week, but I do wish he at least appeared more often. I still think a sweet throne like Mil Muertes got would do the trick just fine. He can just sit there, overlooking his kingdom while Paul cuts awesome promos. 

Shumway    738
8 hours ago, DDR said:

I've heard wrasslin' themes in other commercials as well. The only one I can remember offhand is Booker T.'s theme being used for some cologne ad.

When I was in 7th grade, there was a (I think) math video we watched that had Chris Benoit's WCW theme in it.

BringBackTheVet    4,173
3 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Agreed 100%.

It's not like there's title matches on Raw very often, and RR's win a year or two ago was the only title change in as long as I can remember, so him not being there doesn't really matter much.  He'd end up just wrestling in tag team matches either teamed up with his next opponent (they love to do that) or against him. I could use more promos, even if "via satellite", but him not being there doesn't bother me as much as some.  

It gives others the opportunity to carry the show and move into that top spot, and then it's a BFD when you do see the champ.

1 hour ago, Shumway said:

When I was in 7th grade, there was a (I think) math video we watched that had Chris Benoit's WCW theme in it.

Who writes or listens to these songs and says "oh yeah... that just screams Benoit!  Let's go with that."

I'm not sure his WWE one was too much more appropriate, but at least it was memorable.  

habsfan1    1,296
2 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

It's the lesser of two evils compared to how they've treated the WWE Championship. I don't need Brock to wrestle every week, but I do wish he at least appeared more often. I still think a sweet throne like Mil Muertes got would do the trick just fine. He can just sit there, overlooking his kingdom while Paul cuts awesome promos. 

Agreed. B)

lucha-underground-dark-olympus.jpg