Ice_Cap

WWE No Mercy: 24 September 2017

habsfan1    1,296

I wouldn't mind seeing Dolph Ziggler in New Japan. The potential fantasy booking of dream matches come to life, there are so many possibilities with the talent pool in Japan right now...

Dolph Ziggler vs Zack Sabre Jr

Dolph Ziggler & Kushida vs The Young Bucks

Dolph Ziggler vs Ishii

Dolph Ziggler vs Okada

There's already been Bullet Club teases on social media, even while he's still in WWE. Just sayin'.

BringBackTheVet    4,173

Read on Meltzer's twitter that Nakamura was offered the "Glorious" song when he came in, but he turned it down.  Roode obviously took it when offered it.  They must just have lots of "stock" songs reflective of different characters laying around so they're ready to go when there's a new signing.

mania    143

Ziggler would have to learn a moveset that doesn't involve him flailing around like a moron to work Japan. 

Gary.    290

Just saw a Toyota commercial using John Cena’s theme song. Was waiting for him to pop out of nowhere. 

Shumway    738
19 minutes ago, Brass said:

The Mae Young Classic is actually pretty awesome. I highly recommend it.

The first round was great. I'm really excited for tomorrow's crop of new episodes.

habsfan1    1,296
12 hours ago, mania said:

Ziggler would have to learn a moveset that doesn't involve him flailing around like a moron to work Japan. 

DZ still has a lot of fans, despite the horrendous booking. This would be the fresh new beginning he needs. They'd use him differently.

BringBackTheVet    4,173

So would it make sense for King to move back to Ram?  I like Graves but I can't see him working both shows for long.  

SDL is so bad IMO that this seems like a demotion, unless they're tapping him to help bring the show up.

Ice_Cap    7,591
9 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

DZ still has a lot of fans, despite the horrendous booking.

Does he? I was at the SDL after 'Mania and he was peppered with "You're not Shawn!" chants all night. 

Now you could say "those are just the hardcores!" 

That would be true, but I was always under the impression that Ziggler's fanbase was always made up of hardcore fans. If he's lost them? I'm not sure what "fanbase" of his is really left. 

It's sad. I liked Ziggler once. He could have been a solid transitional World champ/upper card guy. He could have been been "the" guy on a national stage if there were a company like WCW or ECW around. 

It's not even his fault I stopped caring. They've booked him into oblivion, and I'm not sure anything can resurrect his momentum at this point. 

DG_Now    3,884

Dolph's problem to me is that he never really developed an offense. Say what you will about Shawn and Curt's selling (which was terrific for both), but they also had good offense. The Sweet Chin Music and Perfectplex were believable offense. The Zig-Zag? How is that even supposed to hurt?

habsfan1    1,296
23 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Does he? I was at the SDL after 'Mania and he was peppered with "You're not Shawn!" chants all night. 

Now you could say "those are just the hardcores!" That would be true, but I was always under the impression that Ziggler's fanbase was always made up of hardcore fans. If he's lost them? I'm not sure what "fanbase" of his is really left. 

It's sad. I liked Ziggler once. He could have been a solid transitional World champ/upper card guy. He could have been been "the" guy on a national stage if there were a company like WCW or ECW around. 

It's not even his fault I stopped caring. They've booked him into oblivion, and I'm not sure anything can resurrect his momentum at this point. 

It's a mixed bag right now on social media. I do hear the negative criticism, as you pointed out, as well as encouragement from some who are still loyal supporters of his who still want to see him thrive, whether it be in WWE or another promotion. I admit idk the % of each side. Much of the talk about him is about WWE dropping the ball with him & trying to figure out reasons why. Some said Cena played a role in that, using his political position to make DZ look bad.

But just the fact that his name still gets brought up regularly, maybe it means people are still invested in his work, even though the main roster desperately continue to try and bury him on TV. Seems like the audience sees through everything.

DDR    955

Ziggler should definitely get at least partial blame for his current status. Unless somebody is at Gorilla Position saying "you need to go out there and be a poor man's HBK and make sure the rare offense you get looks weak and ineffective" that is. 

But I think he's too talented to be where he is right now. Maybe this sarcastically-entertaining gimmick they're teasing can give him a fresh coat of paint. Because the HBK/Motley Crue hybrid (Pre-)Show Stealer thing has run its course. 

nuordr    475
21 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

Graves on Smackdown now as well, which can make it feel a little better

Great news! I only liked JBL when he was in the Acolytoes. I've never liked him as an announcer. 

habsfan1    1,296
21 hours ago, DDR said:

I think he's too talented to be where he is right now. Maybe this sarcastically-entertaining gimmick they're teasing can give him a fresh coat of paint. Because the HBK/Motley Crue hybrid (Pre-)Show Stealer thing has run its course. 

Me too. However, I'd be surprised if he even re-signs, when his current deal ends in October, looking back at how they've been using him for so long. I think a fresh coat of paint could be a new start elsewhere.

Rumor is that DZ's will enter a final feud on SD Live, before making his exit from the company.

Red Wolf    658
On 9/3/2017 at 7:15 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

Read on Meltzer's twitter that Nakamura was offered the "Glorious" song when he came in, but he turned it down.  Roode obviously took it when offered it.  They must just have lots of "stock" songs reflective of different characters laying around so they're ready to go when there's a new signing.

Interesting. Especially considering both came out ahead on their theme song choices.