Ice_Cap

WWE No Mercy: 24 September 2017

habsfan1    1,296

I'm going to feel very sympathetic for Nakamura, if he does not win the WWE Title because of a language barrier.

BringBackTheVet    4,173
1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

I'm going to feel very sympathetic for Nakamura, if he does not win the WWE Title because of a language barrier.

IS he really connecting with the mainstream fans? Is he really demonstrating his talent? Honestly, as a Nakamura fan, if I just started watching him once he was called up I wouldn't think anything of him. Booking hasn't been amazing, but most of that is on him. 

habsfan1    1,296
1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

IS he really connecting with the mainstream fans? Is he really demonstrating his talent? Honestly, as a Nakamura fan, if I just started watching him once he was called up I wouldn't think anything of him. Booking hasn't been amazing, but most of that is on him. 

I haven't seen all his appearances. But from what I've seen, it's usually one of the biggest pops of thr night. He's quite over to a degree, I don't think it's just in one or two cities.

Jinder Mahal's work as champion has been good or okay, at times. But I don't think he's even close to being as over as Nakamura.

nuordr    475

I do not like Dolph Ziggler at all...he is a poor man's Bad A@S Billie Gunn. He just told us tonight that his career trajectory is fading fast. Because when you imitate other wrestlers, then that means you are at the bottom of the barrel. Can you say Damien Sandow? WWE should just release him now and get the nightmare over with as fast as possible. 

osctheg    71
2 hours ago, nuordr said:

I do not like Dolph Ziggler at all...he is a poor man's Bad A@S Billie Gunn. He just told us tonight that his career trajectory is fading fast. Because when you imitate other wrestlers, then that means you are at the bottom of the barrel. Can you say Damien Sandow? WWE should just release him now and get the nightmare over with as fast as possible. 

Damien Sandow was great.

DDR    955

Indeed Stunt Double Sandow was the man.

Also, I don't think this portends an "imitation" gimmick for Dolph. I could be wrong, but it seemed like he was dismissing all that stuff rather than "trying them on."

DDR    955

Made this a separate post because it's only tangentially about Dolph, but you know what gimmick was great and should have been so much bigger?

"Borne Again" Matt Borne in ECW. For those that don't know this, it's Matt Borne (who played Doink in the WWF), sort of mentally stuck between the gimmick and the man who played it. 

FANTASY BOOKING ALERT: I wonder if an updated version of that could work for Dolph, but where he's sarcastically and menacingly adopts like 30% of a clown gimmick, but he plays it straight (not like he mentally cracked or anything). You want me to dance? You want me to tell jokes. You want me to be your clown? Fine, I'll be your clown.

Maybe not for Dolph. Maybe not at all. 

Brass    1,605

If you thought the WWE Network was struggling for quality content, let the fact that Global Force Wrestling plans on launching the Global Force Network...yup.

Can't wait for Ride Along featuring Eli Drake and Kongo Kong!!!

BringBackTheVet    4,173
2 hours ago, Brass said:

If you thought the WWE Network was struggling for quality content, let the fact that Global Force Wrestling plans on launching the Global Force Network...yup.

Can't wait for Ride Along featuring Eli Drake and Kongo Kong!!!

If they really wanted to be dicks, they'd have a collection of nothing but BROKEN Matt Hardy vignettes and the matches from the compound.  Hell, I'd pay for it.

I actually read something somewhere that Anthem is already looking to unload GFW due to losses.

habsfan1    1,296

Looking at the poor character directions of Bayley, Sasha Banks, Rusev, Ty Dillinger, Sami Zayn, Baron Corbin, Tyler Breeze, The Ascension, and even Bray Wyatt, I think there's incentive for concern for Asuka when she comes up to the main roster. I'd hate to see her get pinned by Dana Brooke in 4 minutes from a distraction rollup or some ridiculous finish, in a match that was thrown together at the last minute. Or to have her in meaningless 6 women tag matches to fill time and to be given one of those bad storylines as her program.

The names mentionned above are all former NXT top Stars who are now just shells of who they were down (or up, depending on how you choose to look at it) on NXT.

osctheg    71

Asuka should be like WCW Goldberg, an absolute beast with a huge winning streak and a title win

CS85    5,230

Side note:  

Have never seen this before.  This is a side of wrestling I find really grotesque.  Apparently a jobber insulted Mr. Fuji in the locker room, so Yokozuna decided to teach him a lesson in respect - by nearly killing him.

BringBackTheVet    4,173
3 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Looking at the poor character directions of Bayley, Sasha Banks, Rusev, Ty Dillinger, Sami Zayn, Baron Corbin, Tyler Breeze, The Ascension, and even Bray Wyatt, I think there's incentive for concern for Asuka when she comes up to the main roster. I'd hate to see her get pinned by Dana Brooke in 4 minutes from a distraction rollup or some ridiculous finish, in a match that was thrown together at the last minute. Or to have her in meaningless 6 women tag matches to fill time and to be given one of those bad storylines as her program.

The names mentionned above are all former NXT top Stars who are now just shells of who they were down (or up, depending on how you choose to look at it) on NXT.

Youre not wrong, but most of those guys have to take responsibility for their own failings. A great wrestler can overcome bad booking. DZ is an example (until recently), as was DB. Guys like Dillinger, breeze, to an extent Corbin, haven't really shown anything in terms of being a compelling character that makes me want to watch. 

Ill give you bayley and maybe Wyatt. Rusev had a good run, and could still have another one. I'm not convinced he's not still a future WWEC (not UHC). I don't know the ascension from NXT so I can't judge them. They never showed me anything in the limited opportunity they had on the main roster.  

Asuka will lose. She has to. Maybe even right off the bat - kind of a "you're in the big leagues now" type thing. Maybe even job her out for a while, then she snaps and turns into the female lesnar. I wouldn't necessarily call her a face now, but I think she needs to be a viscous heel to get over big on the main American stage. 

DDR    955
1 hour ago, CS85 said:

Side note:  

Have never seen this before.  This is a side of wrestling I find really grotesque.  Apparently a jobber insulted Mr. Fuji in the locker room, so Yokozuna decided to teach him a lesson in respect - by nearly killing him.

That's interesting. I've seen that botch many times. It's brutal. But I'd never heard it floated that it was a "shoot" on this poor dude.