Ice_Cap

WWE No Mercy: 24 September 2017

DG_Now    3,884

We were talking about whether or not Nakamura is a star. I'll add that Smackdown is coming to Seattle in October and there are posters advertising the show around town. The featured faces on the poster are AJ Styles, Randy Orton, Charlotte Flair and Shinsuke Nakamura. No WWE Champion to be found.

DG_Now    3,884

Not exactly NSFW, but you've been warned:

Spoiler

DIaT5iwV4AAAMfN.jpg:large

Just two cool dudes smoking a bowl and drinking Miller Lite. No big deal.

MBurmy    428

Have they dropped the storyline about Jordan being Angle's son?  If not, why have him job two weeks in a row?

BringBackTheVet    4,173
On 9/10/2017 at 10:00 PM, habsfan1 said:

And counting...

DJY-4NQVYAACdKv.jpg

They really should have made the UHC the "b" belt and moved it to SDL.  That way the history would always reflect the top title, not a mix of top and secondary.  That belt stopped meaning anything once Dean Ambrose won it, if not before.  It's a shame too.  AJ Styles deserved a run as the guy.

DG_Now    3,884
3 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Greg the Hammer and... who?

Brutus Beefcake. Dream Team reunited.

BringBackTheVet    4,173
Just now, DG_Now said:

Brutus Beefcake. Dream Team reunited.

Oh gods.  Valentine has looked like that since the mid '80s.  Beefcake on the other hand... wow.

DDR    955
23 minutes ago, MBurmy said:

Have they dropped the storyline about Jordan being Angle's son?  If not, why have him job two weeks in a row?

Because losing two closely contested matches to John Cena and Roman Reigns isn't jobbing.

BringBackTheVet    4,173

LOL at the botch in the Ram main event.  Ref just had to stop his own count for no reason bc WOKEN (*sigh*) Matt slipped trying to break up the pinfall.

MBurmy    428
37 minutes ago, DDR said:

Because losing two closely contested matches to John Cena and Roman Reigns isn't jobbing.

I don't care if it's to Stone Cold and The Rock...losing two weeks in a row is a pretty strange way to supposedly push the one who's supposed to be one of the next top guys.

(As for who Jordan would beat, I'm sure Curt Hawkins and Apollo Crews would just be happy to have a televised match for once...hell, I think Rhyno would be happy to put him over).

DDR    955
10 minutes ago, MBurmy said:

I don't care if it's to Stone Cold and The Rock...losing two weeks in a row is a pretty strange way to supposedly push the one who's supposed to be one of the next top guys.

(As for who Jordan would beat, I'm sure Curt Hawkins and Apollo Crews would just be happy to have a televised match for once...hell, I think Rhyno would be happy to put him over).

You really think beating Curt Hawkins and Rhyno is better than losing hard fought matches to the two top faces in WWE, and having each show Jordan some respect after the match?

MBurmy    428
6 minutes ago, DDR said:

You really think beating Curt Hawkins and Rhyno is better than losing hard fought matches to the two top faces in WWE, and having each show Jordan some respect after the match?

Sami Zayn was in that spot last year, everybody said "He's gonna get his chance, just be patient"...fast-forward to now, and he's still never held any title and just lost two weeks in a row to Aiden English.

So yes, Jordan's obviously just there to be "filler" at this point...one way they could've salvaged it is if they had kept Enzo backstage and had Jordan challenge Miz for the IC title at No Mercy...winning it there WOULD be the start of a bright future.

Red Wolf    658
On 9/10/2017 at 9:05 PM, DG_Now said:

We were talking about whether or not Nakamura is a star. I'll add that Smackdown is coming to Seattle in October and there are posters advertising the show around town. The featured faces on the poster are AJ Styles, Randy Orton, Charlotte Flair and Shinsuke Nakamura. No WWE Champion to be found.

I find that depressing. 

It would be one thing if Jordan got squashed by the boo boys, but losing a close contest to those two is every bit as good as beating Heath Slater or whoever. And you know Reigns and Cena aren't losing before their match at No Mercy. Vince and co. obviously believe in Jason Jordan (likely a lot more than they believe in Sami), otherwise he'd still be on SmackDown.

CS85    5,230

That Miz/Enzo shoot promo was fantastic, but I don't know if being so meta is wonderful or slightly overdone.  Plus Enzo has no business being a title holder, so it concerns me that he'll not only cleanly defeat the deserving Neville and Miz, but he'll kill their momentum as well.  

I doubt it'll happen, but it's something to ponder.  

Also so between this and the insider-laced Reigns/Cena promos, I wonder if this is a test on a possible new direction or if it's the wrestlers being bolder or their own initiative.  

DDR    955
11 hours ago, MBurmy said:

Sami Zayn was in that spot last year, everybody said "He's gonna get his chance, just be patient"...fast-forward to now, and he's still never held any title and just lost two weeks in a row to Aiden English.

So yes, Jordan's obviously just there to be "filler" at this point...one way they could've salvaged it is if they had kept Enzo backstage and had Jordan challenge Miz for the IC title at No Mercy...winning it there WOULD be the start of a bright future.

We'll have to agree to disagree here. Sami Zayn (BBtV's favorite wrestler, btw) and his career doesn't mean anything for JJ necessarily. The last two weeks were all about showing that Jason Jordan "can hang" with the top guys and have good, competitive matches. Mission accomplished. A loss isn't always a negative. If WWE follows up well from here, he'll be in an infinitely better spot than had he made Curtis Axel tap a couple times. 

db7e09d47a886328d09f0348e22c0639ae4bc3f0

mania    143

So, after getting caught up in the Mae Young last night...

Toni Storm really :censored:ing annoys me. LOOK AT HOW RANDOM I AM. SUCH A ROCKER LOL. TINY HAT!

I really thought Piper Niven was the MVP of the tournament. Moves very well, not just "for her size". Also kind of want to check out more Kairi, Shayna, and Dakota Kai.

It's not as good as the CWC, but I feel like 3/4 of that is in presentation. Ross and Lita are a definite downgrade of Mauro and Bryan, and a lot of the storylines they could REALLY push are kind of getting pushed to the wayside because of the lackluster production by comparison.

DG_Now    3,884

I caught the end of Smackdown tonight. Vince McMahon can sure sell a beating.

EDIT: Brutal

8qwZ1o.gif

CS85    5,230
20 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I caught the end of Smackdown tonight. Vince McMahon can sure sell a beating.

Pretty esteemed privilege.  Vince must really like his future if he's willing to take that stuff for this story arc.  

Cujo    2,453
On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:00 PM, habsfan1 said:

And counting...

DJY-4NQVYAACdKv.jpg

World title reigns stopped being meaningful when

Image result for david arquette wcw world heavyweight championship