Ice_Cap

WWE No Mercy: 24 September 2017

DDR    955

Yeah, there was zero time for Vince to blade there. He started bleeding immediately and the camera was on him as soon as he hit the mat. Busted open. 

DG_Now    3,884

The guys on DVDVR called it a Shibata headbutt, which, from what I gather, is named after this guy who had to retire after scrambling his brains.

Warning, this is uncomfortable to watch:

Red Wolf    658

Watching that makes me cringe. I had only heard of that guy before, and knowing what I know now, it's painful to watch. It reminds me of how I used to watch guys hit each other right in the damn skull with chairs in WWF/E. It was something where I assumed they just had a special way of doing it safely and I was too dumb to figure out how, but in fact, they were pointlessly killing themselves.

CS85    5,230
8 hours ago, DDR said:

Yeah, there was zero time for Vince to blade there. He started bleeding immediately and the camera was on him as soon as he hit the mat. Busted open. 

I have my doubts.  I think Vince had some kind of small sharp, or even a bloodpacket on his forehead covered in makeup to disguise it.  

Then again, if there's anybody who'd insist on being opened up the hard way, it'd be Vince.  I'm just surprised they had this moment on SmackDown and with Kevin Owens.  It's a nice thing to see.

BringBackTheVet    4,173
5 minutes ago, CS85 said:

I have my doubts.  I think Vince had some kind of small sharp, or even a bloodpacket on his forehead covered in makeup to disguise it.  

Then again, if there's anybody who'd insist on being opened up the hard way, it'd be Vince.  I'm just surprised they had this moment on SmackDown and with Kevin Owens.  It's a nice thing to see.

It's a small but welcomed step toward making SDL relevant.  Somehow moving Lesnar there would help a lot too.

DDR    955

Anything's possible, but it'd look awfully bad to the boys in the back to fine them for bleeding during a match and then blade yourself during a promo segment. Not that Vince is above being a hypocrite or anything. 

EDIT: Definitely not "confirmed" or anything but some speculation online is that Vince pre-bladed and they treated it/covered it up to make it easier for him to bleed.

BringBackTheVet    4,173
1 hour ago, DDR said:

Anything's possible, but it'd look awfully bad to the boys in the back to fine them for bleeding during a match and then blade yourself during a promo segment. Not that Vince is above being a hypocrite or anything. 

EDIT: Definitely not "confirmed" or anything but some speculation online is that Vince pre-bladed and they treated it/covered it up to make it easier for him to bleed.

Not really hypocritical.  He OKd Orton getting busted open last year.  He just doesn't want anyone doing it without prior authorization directly from him, since at the end of the day he's the one that has to answer to the networks and sponsors.  Wouldn't make sense for Heath Slater to decide to don the crimson mask whenever he felt it would enhance his character.

Question - did black guys ever blade?  Off the top of my head I can't recall any black guys covered in blood.  Maybe because the contrast isn't as great and therefore doesnn't provide as dramatic a visual?  Or did it happen and I'm just not remembering?

CS85    5,230
13 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Question - did black guys ever blade?  Off the top of my head I can't recall any black guys covered in blood.  Maybe because the contrast isn't as great and therefore doesnn't provide as dramatic a visual?  Or did it happen and I'm just not remembering?

New Jack.  Guy's forehead can hold half-dollar coins, the notches are so deep.

edit:  Abdullah the butcher, D-Von Dudley also come to mind.

nuordr    475

What did everyone thing of Kairi Sane winning the Mae Young classic? Besides being beautiful, this woman can wrestle and I cannot wait for a Kairi vs Asaku showdown in the future. The future is bright for the next NXT Champion. 

DDR    955

I was glad to see her do her sweet elbow drop finish after hearing WWE was gonna make her change it because "Bayley owns that move." 

nuordr    475
29 minutes ago, DDR said:

I was glad to see her do her sweet elbow drop finish after hearing WWE was gonna make her change it because "Bayley owns that move." 

I hope that is not the case...her elbow drop is awesome. 

nuordr    475

The WWE Shop has added a new T-shirt for apparently the Adam Cole, Bobby Fish, and Kyle O'Reilly stable called "The Undisputed Era." 

The Undisputed Era - Stable - Cole, Fish, Oreilly.jpg

habsfan1    1,296
4 hours ago, nuordr said:

What did everyone thing of Kairi Sane winning the Mae Young classic? Besides being beautiful, this woman can wrestle and I cannot wait for a Kairi vs Asaku showdown in the future. The future is bright for the next NXT Champion. 

Only thing I'm bummed about is that we won't get that dream match on NXT.

Idk if we'll ever even get it on the main roster, looking back at every blown fantasy booking opportunity, when WWE had the chance.

habsfan1    1,296

On a side note, it's been awhile since anyone at all on main got pre-debut vignettes, since Chris Jericho's It Begins return teasers in 2012.

They made one for Asuka. That's a nice surprise, for a change...

Red Wolf    658

They definitely need to have more vignettes like that for the NXT call-ups. The occasional surprise appearance is great, but I'd prefer this in general. 

4_tattoos    380

Didn't Bo Dallas and Adam Rose both have vignettes before they moved up to Raw?

Hell, the Wyatt Family definitely did.

Red Wolf    658
32 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Didn't Bo Dallas and Adam Rose both have vignettes before they moved up to Raw?

Hell, the Wyatt Family definitely did.

And the Wyatts were awesome. Remember that time they beat the SHIELD? And then after the SHIELD's feud with Evolution we were supposed to just pretend we didn't watch the Wyatts beat the piss out of them a few months before? Rollins breaking up the SHIELD was neat and all, but how much cooler would it have been if instead we had the SHIELD talking mess about how they were the best faction in WWE history (as the hype machine claimed the SHIELD vs. Evolution matches would prove)? And then the lights go out and that weird Wyatt thing played? And then we got MORE Wyatts vs. SHIELD!? That's the world I want to live in. 

Gobbi    239
18 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

On a side note, it's been awhile since anyone at all on main got pre-debut vignettes, since Chris Jericho's It Begins return teasers in 2012.

They made one for Asuka. That's a nice surprise, for a change...

Lana had vignettes before she debuted on Smackdown.