Ice_Cap

WWE No Mercy: 24 September 2017

19 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

There's not words to describe how much I enjoy watching Asuka.  I hope she doesn't get lost in the shuffle on the main roster.  

She will. As do they all. 

4 hours ago, Gobbi said:

Lana had vignettes before she debuted on Smackdown.

There's been gaps where I haven't been paying much attention. Some of those I completely forgot about. Guess I was wrong.

My favorite vignettes were the ones they did on NXT for some big muscle guy. I can't remember his name, but they hyped him up for several weeks. Then he debuted, and was promptly killed by Samoa Joe. It was the best. They gave us weeks of quick vignettes for some guy whose entire purpose was to be squashed by Joe and never be seen again. 

Dan Matha.

There's been word that the purpose of it was to rib Vince's well known preference for large bodybuilder type wrestlers.

Isn't it weird there's never been A Clockwork Orange wrestling gimmick? I know that Raven had his "Clockwork Orange Chamber of Horrors" or whatever match, but that's not the same. Seems like you could have four guys in bowler hats and dress shirts and weapons beating people up. I haven't searched, but it seems perfect for the indies.

12 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Isn't it weird there's never been A Clockwork Orange wrestling gimmick? I know that Raven had his "Clockwork Orange Chamber of Horrors" or whatever match, but that's not the same. Seems like you could have four guys in bowler hats and dress shirts and weapons beating people up. I haven't searched, but it seems perfect for the indies.

There hasn't been one that I know of, but it wouldn't surprise me. I was at an indy show in Chicago many years ago – might have been Windy City Pro – and one of the acts was a group called "The Furies" who wore baseball gear. I didn't get it until I saw the film The Warriors. I think there's probably a lot of obscure stuff on the Indys. 

Isn't one of the bullet club logos a mask or something that looks like one? If it was a subtle nod to that, then I guess with context it's ok, but there's no allowed context since WWE obviously isn't going to recognize BC or allow mention of it. 

If he were to reconnect with Gallows and Anderson and all 3 wore masks to the ring then that would be fine. I hope they do reconnect them at some point bc GandA really need someone to carry them - and to drop the NERD schtick

Bobby Heenan has reportedly passed away.

42 minutes ago, Shumway said:

Bobby Heenan has reportedly passed away.

Tis a sad day in the wrestling world.... Bobby Heenan was one of my favorite all time managers & possibly one of the best commentators in wrestling as well.

R.I.P. Brain, I hope you & Gorilla Monsoon are calling matches up in the big squared circle in the sky.

11 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

If there is some kind of supreme being up there, chances are the Brain just called him a ham-and-egger.

Will you stop?

"I don't look at myself as a hero or smart person. I have a seventh-grade education, but I've had a lot of fun." - Bobby Heenan

One of my favorite quotes that I can personally relate to for reasons. Great quote.

58 minutes ago, charger77 said:

November 25th, from Greensboro North Carolina

WWE presents...

DKA4OqrWsAAhMYs.jpg

Starrcade returns to Greensboro this November

Starrcade is back, and for the first time in 30 years, it's coming home.

On Saturday, Nov. 25, during Thanksgiving weekend, Starrcade returns when the Superstars of SmackDown LIVE descend on Greensboro, N.C., for a historic event at the Greensboro Coliseum.

The premier event of the National Wrestling Alliance and, later, WCW, Starrcade got its start in Greensboro on Thanksgiving 1983 with a star-studded lineup that saw Ric Flair defeat Harley Race to win his second of 16 World Championships. Starrcade remained in Greensboro through 1986 and was the stage on which legendary performers like Dusty Rhodes, The Four Horsemen, Magnum TA, The Rock 'n' Roll Express and many more etched their names into sports-entertainment history.

As the calendar turned to the 1990s, a new generation of competitors emerged to take the Starrcade spotlight, like Sting, Vader and the nWo. The last edition of Starrcade under the WCW banner took place in December 2000.

Now, fans in Greensboro will get the opportunity to be a part of history, as Starrcade returns with an absolutely stacked card featuring two Steel Cage Matches. Matches announced* for the return of Starrcade include:

WWE Championship Steel Cage Match

Jinder Mahal vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

SmackDown Women's Championship Steel Cage Match

Natalya vs. Charlotte Flair

United States Championship Triple Threat Match

AJ Styles vs. Baron Corbin vs. Rusev

SmackDown Tag Team Championship Texas Tornado Match

The New Day vs. The Usos

Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens

Bobby Roode vs. Dolph Ziggler

The Hardy Boyz are also confirmed to appear at Starrcade in their home state of North Carolina, as are WWE Hall of Famers and Starrcade legends Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat and The Rock 'n' Roll Express!

Tickets for Starrcade will be available starting Friday, Sept. 29, at 10 a.m. ET at Ticketmaster. Don't miss your chance to be a part of history as Starrcade returns!

*Talent and matches listed and depicted above are subject to change.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0918/632289/official-announcement-on-wwe-starrcade-live-event/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+wrestlinginc_wwe_news+(WrestlingInc.com+WWE+News)