Youtube's New Logo

NoE38_Concepts

The website/app where you can watch and create videos called Youtube has a new logo, Altough it isn't a major change. The 'Tube' part isn't in a box anymore, and is now connected to the 'You', with a play button to the left of the company's name.

xxvua9Q.jpg

I personally think this is an upgrade. It fits in better with the site's formatting IMO.

What do you guys think? Was it a good decision? Should it be burned at the stake?

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

2 hours ago, NoE38 said:

The website/app where you can watch and create videos called Youtube has a new logo

Tell me more about this video-oriented Web site by the name of "YouTube."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

We're all pivoting to it!

Now, let me tell you about a similar, yet different site named "RedTube."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Major upgrade.

The little red play button icon, they've been using that as a secondary logo for a long time now. It works, so it makes sense to retire the old red icon with the word ''Tube'' in the middle and replace it with the new logo. They didn't make any unnecesary changes. It's only an update of their current branding.

I'm just surprised it took them this long to apply the change.

19 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

It's amazing that the old one lasted for 12 years. With all the layout changes they've rolled out over the years, I wonder why they never bothered to update the logo until now?

Actually they seemed like they were going to change it back in 2014

WellknownvideositeYoutubenewlogoironontr

But pulled a gap and never went through with it.

9 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Actually they seemed like they were going to change it back in 2014

WellknownvideositeYoutubenewlogoironontr

But pulled a gap and never went through with it.

They made the right choice. The standard Youtube font is better.

On 8/29/2017 at 11:17 PM, Tracy Jordan said:

It's amazing that the old one lasted for 12 years. With all the layout changes they've rolled out over the years, I wonder why they never bothered to update the logo until now?

Brand identity. You can build up a lot of goodwill or loyalty with a particular logo, even if the actual site changes design. A long-lasting logo can be a sign of a stable, well-run company, too. I remember when Silicon Graphics changed from their "bug" logo to a rather bland wordmark. The entire company went downhill shortly after.

Archived