NLL Expansion 2018

Jer15

19 minutes ago, raysox said:

That's odd Boston is considering Shamrocks since there was a Shamrox already.

I don't think it's all that strange. After all, Boston's Irish heritage has already spawned one pro sports identity in the city.

As for the Shamrox, the team played in suburban Chicago, finished a pedestrian 12-20 over two seasons, and folded after the 2008 NLL season. I don't think many folks beyond truly die-hard lacrosse and sports branding enthusiasts even remember that the Shamrox existed.  

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why wouldn't they use Blazers?! 

If you are going to use a name that was already used, don't use another city's nickname. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

1 hour ago, mr.negative15 said:

Why wouldn't they use Blazers?!

If you are going to use a name that was already used, don't use another city's nickname.

I suspect the reason that they'd choose not to revive the Blazers brand is because two Boston-based pro box lacrosse franchises bearing that name have already gone belly-up... the most recent, less than a decade ago.

As for using another city's nickname, technically speaking they're not. Chicago's National Lacrosse League team was the Shamrox. Boston's would be the Shamrocks😉

25 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I doubt that the new team in New York will reclaim the old Titans name...

That's not the direction that they're leaning towards... at least not if they're trademark filings are anything to go by. It appears that they're considering New York BeaconsNew York Force, and New York Riptide.  

1 hour ago, Brian in Boston said:

I suspect the reason that they'd choose not to revive the Blazers brand is because two Boston-based pro box lacrosse franchises bearing that name have already gone belly-up... the most recent, less than a decade ago.

As for using another city's nickname, technically speaking they're not. Chicago's National Lacrosse League team was the Shamrox. Boston's would be the Shamrocks😉

Well it's not the 90/00's anymore so it reverts to the more traditional spelling now 😆

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

2 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:
2 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I doubt that the new team in New York will reclaim the old Titans name...

That's not the direction that they're leaning towards... at least not if they're trademark filings are anything to go by. It appears that they're considering New York BeaconsNew York Force, and New York Riptide.  

Beacons would be a nice name, with a lighthouse-themed logo.  But don't the Islanders have a secondary logo with a lighthouse? This team would have to make sure not to get too close to that — unless, of course, the Islanders are on board with the synergy.

The other two names would of course be horrible.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

2 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I knew about the New York and the Halifax franchises, but I didn't know about the Boston team.

Boston has been a rumor. The NLL has had Boston Shamrocks trademarked for about a year.

Signature intentionally left blank

• 3 weeks later...

https://goo.gl/images/D1Qf1m

hope that works. In phone so it’s the best I can do. 

Its official; Halifax Thunderbirds. 

I like the colour scheme but the logo is too cartoony for me

3 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

NewYork_Riptide.png

Kind of an islanders fish stick era feel to it. 

I like it. 

19 hours ago, Dilbert said:

NewYork_Riptide.png

FISHSTICKS! Womp! Womp!

FISHSTICKS! Womp! Womp!

FISHSTICKS! Womp! Womp!

FISHSTICKS! Womp! Womp!

FISHSTICKS! Womp! Womp!

FISHSTICKS! Womp! Womp!

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Archived