Sign in to follow this  
LogoFan

Atlanta Falcons Concept -updated with unis

LogoFan    30

Wow...it's been literally years since I last posted a concept...probably the New York Jets about 7 years ago.

Anyway, as the San Diego version of the Chargers are now gone, I have at long last adopted my home team support.  Their current look really bothers me...I love the logo but hate the uniforms.  I didn't start out to redesign the logo,  but as I was working on this concept, it just sorta happened.  Anyway...

Falcons_Release_090117.gif

ahowe6464    227

Looks great. Has the classic feel with the modern touch. Full uni set coming?

SplashBoogie    57

That's a field ready look for the Falcons. Can't wait to see your take on the uniforms!

Whittier S    162

Combines the best of both logos. Brilliant.

MCM0313    773

Massive upgrade, uniforms pending. Can we see a black helmet too?

vicfurth    370

That's a really great mashing of eras. Did you try it with a silver stroke? 

Griffinmarlins    610

This is awesome. Perfect blend of both logos. If they were to use this in real life, it could stick around for decades. 

henburg    79

I love this, truly the perfect marriage of eras. I'd be interested in seeing it with a silver outline as well. 

LogoFan    30

Thanks for the kind words everyone.  I was working on an updated/modern uniform design, but the more I thought about the way the logo turned out, the more I think it needs something more traditional.  Uniforms have never been my strong suit, but I will post them once I'm done.

FinsUp1214    1,795

Now THAT'S how you update the throwback! Beautifully done. Much, much better and more dignified than the jacked-bird. 

I dont intend to throw "best I've ever seen" around, but that truly is the best Falcons logo concept I've ever seen.

LogoFan    30
1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Now THAT'S how you update the throwback! Beautifully done. Much, much better and more dignified than the jacked-bird. 

I dont not intend to throw "best I've ever seen" around, but that truly is the best Falcons logo concept I've ever seen.

Wow, thanks, FinsUp1214.  Much appreciated!

LogoFan    30

Some folks asked about an outline....here are the outline and helmet color tests I did.

Regarding 3A & #B...I am thinking more of a matte gray shell vs silver just to give it some distinction.

LogoFan    30
Just now, LogoFan said:

Some folks asked about an outline....here are the outline and helmet color tests I did.

Regarding 3A & #B...I am thinking more of a matte gray shell vs silver just to give it some distinction.

Falcons Color Tests 090317.gif

MCM0313    773
5 minutes ago, LogoFan said:

Falcons Color Tests 090317.gif

I think the black and red helmets are sharpest, but that could be because those are the only helmet colors the Faclons have ever had IRL. I especially like the black helmet/red outline combo.

WavePunter    667

Try 1B, but with gold instead of silver, as a throwback to the original red helmets..

Also, I really like 3A.. Don't know if it's right for the Falcons, but it's a good looking helmet nonetheless

C-Squared    795

The way you stylized the head really makes this logo pop - the original is frankly not done well and the new version is too detailed... you found the perfect balance! I would personally like a red helmet with a borderless logo

BenD    58

2C and then 1C are definitely my two favorites. I've wanted to see what the two logos would look like combined and you did a great job. Looking forward to the uniforms.

LogoFan    30

Well, sometimes projects take you in a different direction than you had in mind at the outset and this one sure did that.  I wanted to update the Falcon's look but as I started working on it, I realized it had real potential to go with a more old-school yet updated look.  I think most folks liked having an outline with the logo and after numerous comparisons, I agree.

Falcons Concept 090817.gif