Sign in to follow this  
FinsUp1214

Swedish National Soccer Team

FinsUp1214    1,795

I'm jumping outside of my comfort zone a little with this one! I've barely ever dipped my toes into soccer concepts, but really wanted to today.

A couple of things have inspired treading into the soccer waters. Firstly, I love Sweden's new crest and felt a nudge to make some kits to go along with it. Secondly, through some recent geneology work, I've discovered that a much deeper heritage based out of Sweden than I initially thought - one of my great-great grandmother's family generations back all hail from either the Jonkoping or Goteborg areas. So I've had a bit of a Sweden kick as of late due to that fun and personal discovery.

Anyways, here's my best stab at a Sweden set. I wanted each kit to be simple and straightforwards, but still have a little something to give it some personality. The primary features a design centered on the flag cross, the navy second with utilization of the national colors as trim, and the white third features a front design meant to be an abstract representation of a viking ship sail. 

And yes, that's the throwback Adidas logo because I think it's better than the current.

Here goes!

59aca795cb6a3_WorldCupSweden.thumb.png.82484e29909007d9f846f3ebe2d515e6.png

BuffaloJJ    21

The change/away kit is really classy, and a lot better than what Sweden currently wear. I would consider extending the cross design on the home kit to the other sleeve, to provide some balance, but other than that this set looks great!

FinsUp1214    1,795

Thanks, all! Much appreciated!

I'm not too versed in soccer aesthetics history, but re: white not working for Sweden, is there a particular reason for that? Would the flag blue be a better third option?