Best College Football Uniform Matchups: Week 7

ckunz

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll throw my top 5 from Week 4 up (no order)

The majority of my favorite looks from this week are blue/red games. Which seems to be my trend for the season too. Feel free to add because there was plenty of good looking games this weekend. 

12862480.jpeg

cgnews-navy-vs-cincinnati-football-20170922-015.jpg

img_10301657.jpg

852564162.0.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

11 minutes ago, ckunz said:

Michigan State all green is amazing. Are those new helmets? Matte?

Satin - debuted in 2015. Michigan State looked good in all green, but the g/g/w gets a higher grade from me.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Satin - debuted in 2015. Michigan State looked good in all green, but the g/g/w gets a higher grade from me.  

What is the difference between satin and matte? is satin just shinier? haha. On second thought, g/g/w is better hahaha

6 hours ago, ckunz said:

What is the difference between satin and matte? is satin just shinier? haha. On second thought, g/g/w is better hahaha

As weird/simplistic as it sounds, satin is indeed just shinier than matte.  Satin has a sheen in-between a matte and a regular gloss finish.

In no particular order, here’s my top three for this week:

9C55B012-E07B-47F8-9917-758B42880E0D.thumb.jpeg.c3dff3a4c3e68d8487e7befa4fdfec82.jpeg502139B9-5319-45AD-81E0-FEB39D094927.jpeg.19ed1fbdb98c3da676d65d0356484425.jpeg

EAEE237E-3712-4A85-819A-2D28C7378D31.thumb.jpeg.2bc5734fcf2862dadc8e743eaa085bf6.jpeg

And, as biased as I am as a Ducks fan, I thought Oregon/Cal was a pretty good looking game (though nowhere near as good as the three games pictured above):

ADA3A96A-5B7E-407E-906B-8DEA347E266D.thumb.jpeg.2175fed9ea586186d0a207e030e0b4ff.jpeg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

This week was pretty frustrating for me. So many matchups were one or two elements away from best of the year material (UNC/GT if UNC wears white pants, AUB/MSST if MSST wears gray pants, etc.) There were only 2 matchups this week with uniforms I liked that were best possible combo vs. best possible combo. 

No 1. goes to Ole Miss/Alabama. Ole Miss' powder blues are wonderful and make a mismatched uniform work really well in a quirky sort of way and I think it looks great especially against Alabama, who always looks solid. 

No. 2 goes to Wisconsin/Northwestern the colors in this one look great, even if I still have some issues with Wisc's set. 

No. 3 goes to Indiana/Penn State

Indiana's jerseys are really boring but thankfully the helmet/pants make up for it and add in Penn State's throwbacks plus a gorgeous sunny setting that will get you a spot on the list. 

IMG_1514.JPG

IMG_1513.JPG

IMG_1516.JPG

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

On 9/27/2017 at 4:08 AM, WSU151 said:

As weird/simplistic as it sounds, satin is indeed just shinier than matte.  Satin has a sheen in-between a matte and a regular gloss finish.

Ohhhhhh. That makes more sense. Thank you so much

On 10/1/2017 at 2:39 PM, Germanshepherd said:

This week was pretty frustrating for me. So many matchups were one or two elements away from best of the year material (UNC/GT if UNC wears white pants, AUB/MSST if MSST wears gray pants, etc.) There were only 2 matchups this week with uniforms I liked that were best possible combo vs. best possible combo. 

No 1. goes to Ole Miss/Alabama. Ole Miss' powder blues are wonderful and make a mismatched uniform work really well in a quirky sort of way and I think it looks great especially against Alabama, who always looks solid. 

No. 2 goes to Wisconsin/Northwestern the colors in this one look great, even if I still have some issues with Wisc's set. 

No. 3 goes to Indiana/Penn State

Indiana's jerseys are really boring but thankfully the helmet/pants make up for it and add in Penn State's throwbacks plus a gorgeous sunny setting that will get you a spot on the list. 

IMG_1514.JPG

IMG_1513.JPG

IMG_1516.JPG

I actually really love the UW Under Armor set they have now. 

Penn States were gorgeous. Everything about them. I do agree with you about Indiana though. This weeks striped helmet with matching pants makes their look so much better. 

Here are a few of my favorites from this weekend. 

UL-Murray State: Personally, i think the Cardinals W/R/W is their best look. Just enough chrome on their helmet with face mask and decal. Sure Murray state has a relatively boring set, but

I think the helmet makes up for it.

TT-Oklahoma St: I am in love with all of the Red Raiders combos. But if i'm not mistaken these were a special throwback look. I believe they wore a similar set but with a black jersey last season. They really nailed it with W/R/W. Oklahoma state is the best looking team in the Big 12 (aside from TCU some weeks). And the black helmet and gray pants looked great together.

UCLA-Colorado: The Bruins surprised everyone by going all white (including helmets). And I honestly don't mind them at all. I thought it looked really good especially against the Buffs all black.

Memphis-UCF: Memphis certainly has a unique look in college football. Don't know much I like the tiger stripe helmets but they had the right idea going with W/W/B. The jerseys are perfect and the plain blue pants compliment it very well. UCF game out with a very strong look. I can't remember the exact name of this set  but the shoulder design looks amazing in the light.

1j6Xyc45-640.jpg

TTUvsOSU_ET_170930_3_of_.jpg

uc.jpg

636424024408860835--I7Y5567.jpg

19 minutes ago, ckunz said:

Here are a few of my favorites from this weekend. 

UL-Murray State: Personally, i think the Cardinals W/R/W is their best look. Just enough chrome on their helmet with face mask and decal. Sure Murray state has a relatively boring set, but

I think the helmet makes up for it.

TT-Oklahoma St: I am in love with all of the Red Raiders combos. But if i'm not mistaken these were a special throwback look. I believe they wore a similar set but with a black jersey last season. They really nailed it with W/R/W. Oklahoma state is the best looking team in the Big 12 (aside from TCU some weeks). And the black helmet and gray pants looked great together.

UCLA-Colorado: The Bruins surprised everyone by going all white (including helmets). And I honestly don't mind them at all. I thought it looked really good especially against the Buffs all black.

Memphis-UCF: Memphis certainly has a unique look in college football. Don't know much I like the tiger stripe helmets but they had the right idea going with W/W/B. The jerseys are perfect and the plain blue pants compliment it very well. UCF game out with a very strong look. I can't remember the exact name of this set  but the shoulder design looks amazing in the light.

1j6Xyc45-640.jpg

TTUvsOSU_ET_170930_3_of_.jpg

As long as I've been watching Louisville football, they've always had some stripes on the white helmet, so I wish they had brought them back.  There are a lot of "Cardinals" teams with white helmets and no stripes - Arizona Cardinals, Ball State (at least traditionally), Illinois State, Lamar, et al.

And Texas Tech did look good...they've done well with their throwback unis the last few years.  I like how Saturday's helmets had the throwback double-T, along with the stars.

Archived