NFL Retro Helmet Poster

RandyLahey

Hopefully I'm posting this in the right place, but I just figured I'd show off a project I worked on for about a month. 

HelmetPosterSmaller.thumb.png.bacefb3b6cd9992b77270604cf41a68b.png

It has retro helmets of 31 of the 32 NFL teams. I used Blender to map textures and render the helmets, and GIMP 2.0 to make the actual helmet textures along with the poster itself. I printed a version that is 18x24 inches (the original picture is much larger than the one above).

Some other notes:

- Some of the teams use their retro wordmarks

- The AFC, NFC, and NFL logos are also in their old styles

- There are a few helmets that are very similar to their current versions:

- The border around the retro Chiefs arrowhead is slightly thinner

- The Colts helmet uses a brighter shade of blue. 

- The "C" on the Bears helmet is the style of how it was in 1985.

- The Browns helmet has a brighter facemask

- The "G" on the Packers helmet is shaped like a football, as it was on the helmets in the 1960s. 

- I chose the current version of the Bengals helmet because in my opinion, it's more iconic to the franchise and looks better in general on the poster, especially because it's located right above the Browns helmet and the original bengals helmet with the black text looks fairly similar to that. 

- There are 2 "prototype" helmets on the poster, which were never actually worn in a season, these 2 helmets being the Jaguars and Texans helmets.

- The wordmarks for the Titans and Jaguars were made by me, with the Titans one a custom wordmark in the style of that of the Oilers.

If any of you guys want a copy of it, just let me know and I'll send you the original version, but if you want to print it you'll probably have to do it yourself because I don't really wanna pay to print another one lol

On 9/7/2017 at 4:31 PM, RandyLahey said:

Hopefully I'm posting this in the right place, but I just figured I'd show off a project I worked on for about a month. 

HelmetPosterSmaller.thumb.png.bacefb3b6cd9992b77270604cf41a68b.png

It has retro helmets of 31 of the 32 NFL teams. I used Blender to map textures and render the helmets, and GIMP 2.0 to make the actual helmet textures along with the poster itself. I printed a version that is 18x24 inches (the original picture is much larger than the one above).

Some other notes:

- Some of the teams use their retro wordmarks

- The AFC, NFC, and NFL logos are also in their old styles

- There are a few helmets that are very similar to their current versions:

- The border around the retro Chiefs arrowhead is slightly thinner

- The Colts helmet uses a brighter shade of blue. 

- The "C" on the Bears helmet is the style of how it was in 1985.

- The Browns helmet has a brighter facemask

- The "G" on the Packers helmet is shaped like a football, as it was on the helmets in the 1960s. 

- I chose the current version of the Bengals helmet because in my opinion, it's more iconic to the franchise and looks better in general on the poster, especially because it's located right above the Browns helmet and the original bengals helmet with the black text looks fairly similar to that. 

- There are 2 "prototype" helmets on the poster, which were never actually worn in a season, these 2 helmets being the Jaguars and Texans helmets.

- The wordmarks for the Titans and Jaguars were made by me, with the Titans one a custom wordmark in the style of that of the Oilers.

If any of you guys want a copy of it, just let me know and I'll send you the original version, but if you want to print it you'll probably have to do it yourself because I don't really wanna pay to print another one lol

Looks good, probably will be a good looking poster.

St. Joseph of Arimathea, Pray for Us

"Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God." Mt 27:54

• 10 months later...

Archived