Bruins

Odd Things That Creep(ed) You Out

On 9/12/2017 at 4:39 PM, andycumbee19 said:

Pic won't show up for me.  I can't tell if I'll be terrified or not... 

Lucky you. :wacko:

Really loud noises still freak me out on almost a primal level. For example, whenever I'm walking down the street and a cop car comes flying by, the point where it's right next to me as it's passing and the siren is the loudest makes me feel like I want to melt into a puddle. That's an extreme example (and I only thought of it because it happened to me earlier today), but even things being in a car with someone who has the music up way too loud makes me feel SUPER uneasy. 

When I was a kid, I was freaked out by LITERALLY the worst movie ever made. No joke, it scared the everloving :censored: outta me. 

I dated a girl who was seriously afraid of clowns. We went to the grocery store one day after work and there was a clown dancing around the aisles, I don't know what set him off, but he began harassing her and got worse when he saw how much it bugged her. Yes, boys and girls, I threatened to beat up a clown in a grocery store once if he didn't leave us alone.

1 hour ago, smzimbabwe said:

I dated a girl who was seriously afraid of clowns. We went to the grocery store one day after work and there was a clown dancing around the aisles, I don't know what set him off, but he began harassing her and got worse when he saw how much it bugged her. Yes, boys and girls, I threatened to beat up a clown in a grocery store once if he didn't leave us alone.

Don't we all kind of want a clown to give us an excuse?

This damn guy:

speeder2.thumb.jpg.60abcda2767c15bdd8a0cbb0c1bd9a64.jpg

59c1f1ca0c9ba_images(5).jpg.c6d00ed5e7d0b309d1df52bc40f017f0.jpg

18.jpg.c63ce02aa6d4dd6f22f2a0f2e01a5757.jpg

He can be found at a few car washes around town and I'm very bothered by it. Especially the one that slowly rotates on a giant pole.

Neon signs.  For whatever reason, neon signs terrify me.

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 11:44 PM, Bmac said:

59c1f1ca0c9ba_images(5).jpg.c6d00ed5e7d0b309d1df52bc40f017f0.jpg

Now THAT's creepy.

On 9/16/2017 at 8:18 PM, Magic Dynasty said:

We had these fake plants in the house when I was a kid, and they were similar to pineapples in that the edges of the leaves were spiky. I had this dream when I was about 3 or 4 about them becoming alive and chasing me through the house. For the next 2-3 years, I would stay away from them every chance I can, and if I had to go past them I would run full sprint. Come to think of it now, I don't understand young me.

When I was younger, around the same age, I knew two people, my grandmother, and a friend of my grandfather, (opposite sides of the family) that had these plastic fake lilac-esque bushes. Every time I would sit by those, or walk by, I swear they would shake like someone bumped the "plant". I would even stop moving, and watch them shake every once and a while. Always freaked me out. Of course, I haven't had a chance to figure out why they would shake, as I have not seen my Grandfather's friend in a long time, and my grandmother got rid of those...

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:43 PM, Brass said:

I also heard "Fire on High" by ELO when I was really young and for some reason, it scared the absolute crap out of me.

That's perfectly reasonable, this coming from a guy who got hooked on ELO a few weeks ago. "The music is reversible...but time is not.  Turn back!  Turn back!  Turn back!  Turn back!"

For that matter, Revolution 9 scares the heck out of me every time I hear it.  It's the only canon Beatles track I skip (almost) every time I hear it.

When I was younger I decided to watch E.T. alone. Huge mistake. I was so terrified and creeped out to the point where whenever I used my bathroom I had to check the bathtub to make sure he wasn't in there.

7 hours ago, DNAsports said:

When I was younger I decided to watch E.T. alone. Huge mistake. I was so terrified and creeped out to the point where whenever I used my bathroom I had to check the bathtub to make sure he wasn't in there.

E.T. angered me when I was a kid. The feds set up a roadblock and E.T. magically raises everyone's bikes in the air and the feds don't shoot. That upset me so much, I haven't watched E.T. since it first came out.

On 9/11/2017 at 8:43 PM, Brass said:

I also heard "Fire on High" by ELO when I was really young and for some reason, it scared the absolute crap out of me.

I love that song! But I think I know the scary part you're talking about.

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

I love that song! But I think I know the scary part you're talking about.

Oh, it's a fantastic song, but the first two minutes scared the hell out of me. When I first heard it, at like 5 or 6 years old, I thought the voice playing backwards actually said my first and last name. Listening to it again, it slightly sounds like he is, which is probably why I was so frightened by it.

When I was 4 or 5 (born in 2003), I saw a little bit of the movie Chicken Little on TV.  It terrified me.

Also, I used to be terrified of Darth Vader.  I am happy to state that this is a thing of the past.

On September 22, 2017 at 9:53 PM, Danny the Sheeb said:

For that matter, Revolution 9 scares the heck out of me every time I hear it.  It's the only canon Beatles track I skip (almost) every time I hear it.

Wow, you're the only 14 yr. old I know that listens to Beatles canon. Don't you have some Wiz Khalifa you should be listening to? :P

21 hours ago, Bruins said:

Wow, you're the only 14 yr. old I know that listens to Beatles canon. Don't you have some Wiz Khalifa you should be listening to? :P

Wiz who?

Other favorites include Pink Floyd, Bob Dylan, Electric Light Orchestra, Queen, and Billy Joel.

Barry White's voice. It's just SO deep.

The original Godzilla scared the :censored: out of me for no good reason. It's not scary at all, but when I first saw it, I didn't sleep for a few days.

On 9/25/2017 at 2:25 PM, Danny the Sheeb said:

When I was 4 or 5 (born in 2003), I saw a little bit of the movie Chicken Little on TV.  It terrified me.

Also, I used to be terrified of Darth Vader.  I am happy to state that this is a thing of the past.

As a kid I remember watching Star Wars with by dad and being horrified when Vader was unmasked. 

8 hours ago, Heitert said:

As a kid I remember watching Star Wars with by dad and being horrified when Vader was unmasked. 

Yeah, that's going to leave a mark. :P