Sign in to follow this  
P.I.L.L.

Winnipeg Jets Concept

updated 4/22/18 : streamlined, smoother, + hidden tribute to Atlanta Thrashers roots... no cartoon template!  c.c. still appreciated.

Jets concept - work in progress...

Edited by P.I.L.L.
updated 4/22/18 : streamlined, smoother, + hidden tribute to Atlanta Thrashers roots... no cartoon template!  c.c. still appreciated.

9 /16/17

~

Well that’s not the most beautiful concept I’ve ever seen, good job making it unique though. Maybe use a different template? Right now it’s giving me a rejected 90s concept vibe.

Thank you for the C.C. What template do you suggest?

Well there is some great stuff in here. It’s really your choice but some templates just make the concept worse automatically so choose wisely

Yeah, guess just being stubborn with jersey design experiments has always been my achilles heal, among other things...

updated 4/8/18 : Overhaul to Puck-Engine , angled downward adjusted overall shape of plane ~ tightened line thickness and flow congruence

It's not worth providing feedback unless you use a template that is closer to an actual hockey sweater.  There's literally dozens floating around for free.

Your templates are cartoony and it's not possible to accurately see how your logos would look if sized/positioned properly on a proper sweater.

You were literally given the exact same feedback years and years ago, but refuse to do anything with the advice you're given.

I second the above opinion. It seems that your projects are posted on these boards with the intention of it being a "victory lap." In my experience on these boards and in life, growth happens when you're willing to listen to the feedback given you. It may be hard to try something new (like a new template), but the harder road is ever the more rewarding one. While some commenters might dislike concepts, I generally believe that people on here are trying to help you become better. 

updated 4/9/18 : New Template + further refinement of plane / puck engine

On 4/8/2018 at 2:46 PM, woody86 said:

I second the above opinion. It seems that your projects are posted on these boards with the intention of it being a "victory lap." In my experience on these boards and in life, growth happens when you're willing to listen to the feedback given you. It may be hard to try something new (like a new template), but the harder road is ever the more rewarding one. While some commenters might dislike concepts, I generally believe that people on here are trying to help you become better. 

Is that the same template with a picture of a hockey rink behind it? 

The weird shading on your template doesn't help you; drop it. It makes no sense for the ends of the jerseys to be connected.

updated 4/11/18 : adjusted grey outline on plane / lessened shading... will likely relent to a standard template.  Just having fun with the challenge of creating something entirely new.

updated 4/16/18 : edited streak from puck-jet, angle adjustments + uniform colors

Why are the shoulder patches off the jersey? Also I think a better template would really help make the jerseys look better.

updated 4/22/18 : streamlined, smoother, + hidden tribute to Atlanta Thrashers roots... and no cartoon template!  c.c. still appreciated.