New Seattle Seahawks alternate logo

Germanshepherd

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but I like it. Thought it looked great on the player's hat where we first saw it.

Now I wouldn't say the same if it was on the Seahawks' uniform (unless this was college and it could be on the collar). But as a standalone secondary, it works.

This looks like it was done by a high schooler who was messing around with the Seahawks logo in Photoshop, then mirrored it, and then said "oh how sick is this???"

Not a fan.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

9 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Seahawks Facebook posted this. 

IMG_1440.PNG

As previously stated, the head shape is more serpentine than avian. For comparison, here's a head-on shot of an actual "Seahawk" (known more commonly as ospreys ). One can notice almost immediately how much more rounded the head is than that of the logo above. 

IMG_6880.JPG

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

5 hours ago, BlueSky said:

Seahawks alt looks like a snake. 

Great!  Now I can't unsee this.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

13 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Only thing it reminds me of is the top of a totem pole. I could see this logo on the helmet with a green facemask and replace the sublimated "feather stripe" with a stripe that matches with the blue pants.

Yeah, it's vaguely similar to the top of a totem pole...but if that's the route the Seahawks were going, a lot more actual design work is needed.  Skinnier nose, different eyes, and maybe some other accents are needed to really get the totem pole look.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

here's why theirs looks so goofed up - Instead of redrawing it from the forward angle and giving it Seahawksian features someone took the vector of the current profile view logo, cut it about halfway through the beak, used some combination of warp and free transform tools and then reflected it, merged them together, used perspective transform to angle it downwards, gave it some head lumps and drew some beak details. 

I was able to more or less recreate it in about 15 minutes using a Seahawks vector I found online. 

seahawks.thumb.png.51c6ac5ee3d891c57651f125dc62d295.png

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived