New Seattle Seahawks alternate logo

Germanshepherd

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, McCarthy said:

here's why theirs looks so goofed up - Instead of redrawing it from the forward angle and giving it Seahawksian features someone took the vector of the current profile view logo, cut it about halfway through the beak, used some combination of warp and free transform tools and then reflected it, merged them together, used perspective transform to angle it downwards, gave it some head lumps and drew some beak details. 

I was able to more or less recreate it in about 15 minutes using a Seahawks vector I found online. 

seahawks.thumb.png.51c6ac5ee3d891c57651f125dc62d295.png

Wow.  That's so much better.

4 hours ago, McCarthy said:

here's why theirs looks so goofed up - Instead of redrawing it from the forward angle and giving it Seahawksian features someone took the vector of the current profile view logo, cut it about halfway through the beak, used some combination of warp and free transform tools and then reflected it, merged them together, used perspective transform to angle it downwards, gave it some head lumps and drew some beak details. 

I was able to more or less recreate it in about 15 minutes using a Seahawks vector I found online. 

I'm waiting until someone does this for all the profile-head NFL teams. If it's that simple to make, it's bound to happen soon

1 hour ago, CreamSoda said:

I think it looks like a turtle

Great!  I can't unsee that either.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

10 hours ago, Chawls said:

As previously stated, the head shape is more serpentine than avian. For comparison, here's a head-on shot of an actual "Seahawk" (known more commonly as ospreys ). One can notice almost immediately how much more rounded the head is than that of the logo above. 

IMG_6880.JPG

20 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Seahawks Facebook posted this. 

IMG_1440.PNG

It actually resembles Eagles, of all birds. I can't find any other bird with that look:

Image result for bald eagle face

bald_eagle-normal.jpg

14535191084_af9c903cd3_b.jpg

1 hour ago, kimball said:

It's totally a turtle.

bill_hubick_snapping_turtle_ke_md_201404SNAPPERHEAD.JPG

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

12 minutes ago, daveindc said:

It actually resembles a Bald Eagle, of all birds. I can't find any other bird with that look:

Image result for bald eagle face

The flat head of the "seahawk" is just really odd.  Neither the osprey nor the bald eagle have heads shaped like that.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

39 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

To be fair this is a better representation of what the Seahawks were going for - not real life bald eagles. image.png.4b0b2d74f5e693df4e8e2f8c9dd32f08.png

I'm not sure they were actually going for that...it seems like more of a coincidence that their frontal logo happens to look vaguely like totem pole imagery.  

If they really wanted to make it look like something from a totem pole, they could have done that, but they didn't. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't think it's a coincidence. The original was supposed to resemble a totem pole and the update just made it look angrier and italicized and the forward facing logo is just the profile logo mashed to look 3 dimensional.

eagle.jpg

This has nothing to do with that. My significant other gave me an AJ Green Bengals color rush jersey for my birthday this past weekend. It's the sublimated kind, which I've decided I prefer to the regular Nike replicas. It's lighter and more like a tshirt, but still looks like the thing it's supposed to. If I'm wearing a Nike replica I'm already not wearing an authentic cut jersey and the only difference is the lack of mesh side panels (that are ENORMOUS on the Bengals replicas) and screen printed numbers and stripes which are kind of tacky (read: sticky, not gaudy) and irritating anyways. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived