New Seattle Seahawks alternate logo

Germanshepherd

4 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I'm not sure they were actually going for that...it seems like more of a coincidence that their frontal logo happens to look vaguely like totem pole imagery.  

If they really wanted to make it look like something from a totem pole, they could have done that, but they didn't. 

Their primary logo (and now uniforms) is actually based on northwestern art. 

So it was either based on a totem pole or a bird/hawk northwestern illustration, which have the same characteristics. 

I'm not a fan of the logo, i think a more accurate representation of what their logo would actually look like is possible, but they missed the mark. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they could have used more design elements to really tie it in to the totem poles...more accents/strokes, maybe change the eyes a bit, something that says "oh wow, you really added to the imagery"...not just lazily flip and stretch the primary logo.

They presented it as "what a seahawk would look like from the front"...which to me says they were trying to go more realistic rather than artsy.  It's in a weird middle-ground that rather sucks.

The Thunderbirds mastered the totem pole look.  I guess I was hoping that it would be more like that.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

35 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Someone here had a front-facing Patriots logo as an avatar. This is basically that.

that was me.  I have to actively search to try and find it again but I will update this post if I happen to come across it.

But when I did it sloppily in paint, I tried to make it look like what it would look like had you looked at the Elvis from the front.  This....this misses the mark.  The seahawk has a rise on its beak where it meets the eye, that's completely ignored here.  I just can't help but see a warped Seahawk logo mirrored

4 hours ago, McCarthy said:

I don't think it's a coincidence. The original was supposed to resemble a totem pole and the update just made it look angrier and italicized and the forward facing logo is just the profile logo mashed to look 3 dimensional.

4 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

Their primary logo (and now uniforms) is actually based on northwestern art. 

So it was either based on a totem pole or a bird/hawk northwestern illustration, which have the same characteristics. 

I'm not a fan of the logo, i think a more accurate representation of what their logo would actually look like is possible, but they missed the mark. 

Native mask that inspired Seahawks logo on display at University of Washington's Burke Museum

yxTSMPa.jpg

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves • Under the moon

7 hours ago, Pharos04 said:

that was me.  I have to actively search to try and find it again but I will update this post if I happen to come across it.

But when I did it sloppily in paint, I tried to make it look like what it would look like had you looked at the Elvis from the front.  This....this misses the mark.  The seahawk has a rise on its beak where it meets the eye, that's completely ignored here.  I just can't help but see a warped Seahawk logo mirrored

I apologize sincerely for the quality.........

apparently I made this about 12 years ago

IMG_1038.PNG.79c3552d7d2002663c4bb822b4026350.PNG

On 9/7/2017 at 3:17 PM, OldRamsFan said:

Here's what I can't unsee: the blue area I outlined in the image below looks like the overhead view of a soaring bird with a very long beak.

seahawk-new.jpg.659a837ec2cd76e58520d520781353ee.jpg

Probably just a Quetzalcoatlus swooping in to pick up an Anky to do some mining.

1 hour ago, phutmasterflex said:

Did not realize that the new Seahawks logo is the one that's attached to the official hashtag 

4PITfPl.png

Of course we did. 

But under new rules, secondary logos can't have their own threads. So it can get buried in these megathreads. 

This might be a good example of why the new rule isn't a great one. 

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Of course we did. 

But under new rules, secondary logos can't have their own threads. So it can get buried in these megathreads. 

This might be a good example of why the new rule isn't a great one. 

I'm not sure you're interpreting the rule correctly.  My interpretation is that it's stating that major updates have to have their own thread split off from the megathread, and that minor updates / tweaks can remain in the megathread.  There's nothing that says they have to remain there, or that you can't make a new thread for a new alternate logo, or for anything you personally feel is significant enough to discuss outside of the megathread.  I think it makes sense.  It handles the big things objectively, while leaving the little things to user discretion. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I'm not sure you're interpreting the rule correctly.  My interpretation is that it's stating that major updates have to have their own thread split off from the megathread, and that minor updates / tweaks can remain in the megathread.  There's nothing that says they have to remain there, or that you can't make a new thread for a new alternate logo, or for anything you personally feel is significant enough to discuss outside of the megathread.  I think it makes sense.  It handles the big things objectively, while leaving the little things to user discretion. 

I would happily yield to your interpretation, because in my interpretation it's kind of a bad policy, applying broad strokes where individual consideration is best. 

An anniversary mark is specifically listed as something that should not be given its own thread.  So are "tertiary marks", although that's not defined either in the policy or on the team pages.  This seems to fall into that category, since the seahawks already have two logos in strong rotation, the helmet logo and a version with the wordmark.

Archived