Sign in to follow this  
Germanshepherd

New Seattle Seahawks alternate logo

Germanshepherd    538

Seahawks Facebook posted this. 

IMG_1440.PNG

AndrewMLind    160

This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but I like it. Thought it looked great on the player's hat where we first saw it.

Now I wouldn't say the same if it was on the Seahawks' uniform (unless this was college and it could be on the collar). But as a standalone secondary, it works.

Sykotyk    307
30 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

IMG_1440.PNG

The blue background with the light blue lines make it look like it's cocking its neck and has a cowlick. Not the best look.

Gothamite    5,897
4 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

The blue background with the light blue lines make it look like it's cocking its neck and has a cowlick. Not the best look.

Yeah, but that background is not actually part of the logo.

WSU151    2,412

This looks like it was done by a high schooler who was messing around with the Seahawks logo in Photoshop, then mirrored it, and then said "oh how sick is this???"

Not a fan.

bowld    540

Torn on Seattle. My eyes keep splitting it in half and all I can see is an altered version of the primary on left side

Ben in LA    387

I like that Seahawks logo. I like the possibility of the Dolphins donning those throwbacks on a permanent basis even more.

Chawls    468
9 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

IMG_1440.PNG

As previously stated, the head shape is more serpentine than avian. For comparison, here's a head-on shot of an actual "Seahawk" (known more commonly as ospreys ). One can notice almost immediately how much more rounded the head is than that of the logo above. 

IMG_6880.JPG

leopard88    955
5 hours ago, BlueSky said:

Seahawks alt looks like a snake. 

Great!  Now I can't unsee this.

DNAsports    516

Only thing it reminds me of is the top of a totem pole. I could see this logo on the helmet with a green facemask and replace the sublimated "feather stripe" with a stripe that matches with the blue pants.

WSU151    2,412
13 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Only thing it reminds me of is the top of a totem pole. I could see this logo on the helmet with a green facemask and replace the sublimated "feather stripe" with a stripe that matches with the blue pants.

Yeah, it's vaguely similar to the top of a totem pole...but if that's the route the Seahawks were going, a lot more actual design work is needed.  Skinnier nose, different eyes, and maybe some other accents are needed to really get the totem pole look.

McCarthy    6,620

here's why theirs looks so goofed up - Instead of redrawing it from the forward angle and giving it Seahawksian features someone took the vector of the current profile view logo, cut it about halfway through the beak, used some combination of warp and free transform tools and then reflected it, merged them together, used perspective transform to angle it downwards, gave it some head lumps and drew some beak details. 

I was able to more or less recreate it in about 15 minutes using a Seahawks vector I found online. 

seahawks.thumb.png.51c6ac5ee3d891c57651f125dc62d295.png