Sign in to follow this  
P.I.L.L.

DC Baseball - Nationals alt concept

DC Baseball - Original, independent design concept - ideal fit for a new Nationals alt. (UPDATED 10/17/18) 

DC Baseball

Can I have a little more context to this? Is this part of the same identity, or six different options?

Potential Nationals Alt. Otherwise Indendent DC baseball concept: D&C letters curving into baseball bow tie.

3 versions , literal to abstract baseball.  This lot is as close to being finished as I've ever felt...

Do you have any better ideas for DC Baseball / Nationals ? 

Updated 9-15-17

updated 9/19

When you last posted these, there was a bit of confusion as to what they were supposed to represent. You put in "Washington Independent Pro Baseball" in there, which is still confusing. Why not just put a nickname with it? If it's a Washington Nationals concept, so be it. If not, at least add some context instead of just putting out logos with a DC and a baseball.

That brings my next point...with the exception of the top right logo, which has some interesting symmetry going on, all these other caps show far too much detail, shading, or strokes to be an effective cap logo. You'd never be able to embroider any of them with all the detail and gradients.

Maybe the forward-facing eagle could be the start of something. But it's still too detailed and has too many strokes to be a powerful icon.

I'm also not sure what's going on with the brims. Do they all have contrasting front edges with a black undershadow?

We'll have to see if you're receptive to constructive criticism, unlike the past. 

updated 1/13

updated: 3/17/18

2 hours ago, P.I.L.L. said:

updated: 3/17/18

On 13/01/2018 at 7:08 PM, P.I.L.L. said:

022718 DC Baseball cj

Original idea for a new Nationals alt or Independent Washington DC Baseball design. 1) DC "Bowtie Baseball"- variations 

first cap looks the same, only other thing I seen done with second cap is red line added. 

Posted (edited)

Let’s be civil here.

Edited by Atomic
Instigating

Posted (edited)

Let’s be civil here, shall we?

Edited by Atomic
Instigating

Fair warning - keep it on topic to the concepts. Thanks.

updated 3-30-18 

Updated 4-5-18  stitching still a work in progress - adjusted line thickness + color

Updated 04/7/18  widened DC letters / stitching line thickness edits

:D Thanks Jake! for bringing that to my attention. Truly interesting and provocative~considering it's fundamentally the same as my DC baseball concept

( D & C forming curves of baseball stitches) : copyright protected / published by myself, (originally in 2005) long before that designer...