Sign in to follow this  
P.I.L.L.

DC Baseball - Nationals alt concept

flattened font and curved seams further, to be more horizontal, less upright... 

Sorry, I'm not a fan. Nothing about this says "Washington DC" or "Nationals" to me. The curly W doesn't convey either, but at least it has past history to fall back on. And the previous (underrated) interlocking DC had a style that reflected the city's many national monuments.

This, while well-rendered, is just the letters "DC" and a baseball. Sure, the visual trick of using the curves in the D and C to map to the stitches of a baseball is cute, but it just looks generic. Nothing that stands out as being distinct enough to work as a MLB-calibre mark.

I'm wondering if you re-thought it in more baseball terms, if it would work. Specifically, what if you had the D and C on a diagonal, but in stead of interlocking with the existing Nationals alternate logo, separate them such that the seams of the ball occupy the bottom right portion of the D and the upper left portion of the C? This would likely require a different font, but for sure look less generic. 

40 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Sorry, I'm not a fan. Nothing about this says "Washington DC" or "Nationals" to me. The curly W doesn't convey either, but at least it has past history to fall back on. And the previous (underrated) interlocking DC had a style that reflected the city's many national monuments.

This, while well-rendered, is just the letters "DC" and a baseball. Sure, the visual trick of using the curves in the D and C to map to the stitches of a baseball is cute, but it just looks generic. Nothing that stands out as being distinct enough to work as a MLB-calibre mark.

I respect your opinion, and disagree...  thinned font further

DC Baseball

Edited by P.I.L.L.
thinned font further

First off, I can only see the most recent picture, so I can’t comment on the progress, but I’ll say what I can.

I can see what you’re trying to do. The D and C lining up with the stitches is a good idea and what you have is very well done, but this doesn’t seem very “Nationals logo” to me. It seems more like something you’d see on an off-brand t-shirt sold a block away from the stadium on game day or video game that didn’t get MLB approval to put official teams in the game. The logo isn’t bad, it’s just really generic to me

DC Baseball

returned to previous stitching style (made thinner) as well as thinned font ... I'm fine w/ it being not realistic looking or exact proportional stitch vs ball widths...