HedleyLamarr

Winter of Discontent: The 2017-18 NHL Season

5 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

You have the Golden Knight that pulled the sword out. You have the evil knight he fought. Then the gila monster is the "something different."

*contemplates the recent King Arthur movie, only now Jude Law's a Red Wings fan and King Arthur has the Gorn from Star Trek as a sidekick*

12 hours ago, mr.negative15 said:

That's the what.....how about the why? lol. 

Seriously, why would it not be a knight?!

Too bad they couldn't save a few bucks and just buy the old one from Brooklyn. Just spray paint it gold and nobody will know the difference.

knight1.jpg

On 10/10/2017 at 11:09 AM, cmm said:

It should be a bench minor, like the too-many-men call that happened later in the game. The coach got to choose who served the penalty both times, and both times he chose Ho-Sang. But for some reason they charge the delay of game to Ho-Sang and not the team.

22E750BA-F4CC-475E-87EF-092637D58631.jpeg

Don’t worry, everyone. My buddies at Elias fixed it.

0E7D9AED-F639-4562-823A-DF433EC4DC67.jpeg

In 8 games, Carey Price, the 10 Million Dollar Man, has a save percentage of .868

Either the Habs need to fire Bergevin STAT or the money got to Price's mind. And if it's the latter, then it's going to be a very long decade for us fans...

Also, besides that meltdown there, according to a couple fans in the social mediaverse, Andrew Shaw also might have got caught saying "f***ing f*g" again on camera again. Although I can't tell if he's saying that or "f***ing trash."

You be the judge.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif.0ad0f289b51fa766b54f679e9b5dd55e.gif

---

Also... ouch ouch ouch ouch, no no no no. Not another defenseman injury. Not Cam Fowler. :censored::censored::censored:

On 10/18/2017 at 8:08 PM, Still MIGHTY said:

There are three "mascots," depending on how much mileage you want to give two of the three.

You have the Golden Knight that pulled the sword out. You have the evil knight he fought. Then the gila monster is the "something different."

As dumb as Chance is, I find it interesting that people first complained about the team name having nothing to do with the city, and then complain when the mascot takes some local influence instead of drawing from the team name.

And then there's the Golden Knight itself, which showed up late for the Guardian Project.

Sergachev is on a tear! 3 goals, 8 points in 9 games. I can't wait to see him finally make his way into the Habs starting line-up...........oh wait...:rolleyes:

Wonder how much longer the Golden Knights will keep winning. They shouldn't have won tonight by any means, but they somehow find ways to win. 

14 hours ago, ~Bear said:

Wonder how much longer the Golden Knights will keep winning. They shouldn't have won tonight by any means, but they somehow find ways to win. 

A prolonged home stretch has certainly helped. Now let's see if they can keep it up with goalie #3. 

TIL the Avalanche in the offhand chance they score at home, they have THE DARTS song blasting out

everybody in the crowd better have costumes and start dancing around every time they score now

Watching the Knights/Hawks game, and I just don't get it. The Blackhawks are down by two, when they clearly look like the better team. Sure they're getting themselves into real penalty trouble, but 

Las Vegas is managing to keep winning. Subban was the backup for the AHL Bruins, last season, and I've never even heard of the guy they have in net, tonight.

2 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Watching the Knights/Hawks game, and I just don't get it. The Blackhawks are down by two, when they clearly look like the better team.

I don't think you watched the game. They looked like pig vomit.

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

I don't think you watched the game. They looked like pig vomit.

Perhaps I should have been clearer. They looked like a better team, who just couldn't get it together. Vegas felt very reactionary, and gave the impression that they were just cashing in better on opportunities. Not once did it feel like they were the more skilled team.

I did only watch the second period, after the Preds game ended, but before going to bed, so maybe I just caught their "best" period.

Vegas is 7-1-0

That early season streak was no fluke. They got something going here.

They're 9% of the way through the season. That is early.

On 10/21/2017 at 10:12 PM, habsfan1 said:

Sergachev is on a tear! 3 goals, 8 points in 9 games. I can't wait to see him finally make his way into the Habs starting line-up...........oh wait...:rolleyes:

It's because he actually plays on a team that knows what the hell it's doing.

On 10/25/2017 at 2:38 AM, habsfan1 said:

Vegas is 7-1-0

That early season streak was no fluke. They got something going here.

Not sure they can keep this up unless Fleury returns soon. Their riding their 3rd string goalie. 

A little confused that they put Jason Garrison on waivers today. He's not that bad!