Winter of Discontent: The 2017-18 NHL Season

HedleyLamarr

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/3/2017 at 12:57 PM, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

eFzDr.gif

While I see your point, I think he's just going through a slump. Every player has them and is entitled to them. He's not the best goalie in the world and never was. Is he a top 10 goalie? Yes. Other recent top Cup-winning top-10'ers (Fleury, Quick, Crawford) have all had numerous slumps. But they also had goal scorers. 

We need scorers. Nothing more, nothing less. 

I liked Halak too, but he's waaaaay too inconsistent. Good year, bad year, good year, bad year. No thanks. 

Oh, and Bergevin should be fed to the wolves for a. somehow incompetently messing up that Radulov deal, and ESPECIALLY b. Letting Markov go. I don't care if he wanted 4 mill and 2 years. He was the best play maker on the team BY FAR. The entire dynamic is shattered now. 

It's not ALWAYS about goalies. Matt Murray has 2 Cups, but nobody thinks he's better than Price. Murray is nothing more than a beneficiary of tremendous goal support.

Has anybody received a follow from Zack Boychuk on Twitter?

I don't know if there's some sort of glitch that got to his account, but he's been following me, than unfollowing, then following & unfollowing me back multiple times.

3 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

I don't know if there's some sort of glitch that got to his account, but he's been following me, than unfollowing, then following & unfollowing me back multiple times.

Same

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

18 hours ago, goalieboy82 said:

going to the Hockey Hall of Fame at the end of the month (a birthday gift from my parents).  looking forward to the trip (going with my father)

Enjoy! 

I really like going to the HHOF, I try to go once a year as they do change up some of the exhibits.

The room the trophies are stored in (an old bank) feels like walking into an old church. I just love the vibe. 

To add to that, for people like us CCSLCers, there's a lot of cool jerseys to see. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

36 minutes ago, mr.negative15 said:

Enjoy! 

I really like going to the HHOF, I try to go once a year as they do change up some of the exhibits.

The room the trophies are stored in (an old bank) feels like walking into an old church. I just love the vibe. 

To add to that, for people like us CCSLCers, there's a lot of cool jerseys to see. 

Definitely.  I went about 2 1/2 years ago and it was an absolute ball.  Loved seeing the jerseys and getting my picture with Lord Stanley and all.  Still cracks me up that it's basically in a food court at the bottom of a mall.

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Definitely.  I went about 2 1/2 years ago and it was an absolute ball.  Loved seeing the jerseys and getting my picture with Lord Stanley and all.  Still cracks me up that it's basically in a food court at the bottom of a mall.

The first time I went, my uncle took me for my birthday when I was about 10, I very clearly remember coming down that escalator thinking "why are we going to a mall?".

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

3 hours ago, mr.negative15 said:

Enjoy! 

and i will see what Stanley Cup is there right now (the real one or the fake one)

so long and thanks for all the fish.

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

Next Winter Classic goes to the Blackhawks by way of Notre Dame. Looking forward to reading about the ? BAD OPTICS ? of this. 

Soon it will be called the Chicago Blackhawks Winter Classic.

17 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Yeah, you're not the only one. He's weird. 

53 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

Hawks fans don't ask for them, believe me, but there are only so many teams that can be in reasonable consideration for hosting them. Me, I'd rather lose the Stadium Series and whatever we're calling the various Can't Waste The Real One On Canada games and bite the bullet on national showcase games in Toronto, Calgary, Northern California, etc. But that's not the world we live in, so we have to have a Hawks game in South Bend and a Sabres game in Queens. Whatever.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well, these Canucks may not be exactly good, but they aren't boring, and dear god is that an improvement on last year! 

Also, Thomas Vanek is a hilarious player. Dude is totally invisible most of the time, and then boom, laser shot off the wing. I feel like he and Kessel are kindred spirits.

7 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

God forbid the league use marquee teams in marquee matchups. It's a business in the business of making money. Sorry that small-market teams just don't get the ratings that bigger teams do.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1 hour ago, LMU said:

Someone want to tell the Kings and Ducks that it's November 7 and not the end of May?

Yeesh.

Yeah, that was a fun one, until it wasnt. But the Ducks also can't go 0-5 on the PP including a major and double-minor. Awful.

The injury bug just won't leave this team. Started off camp with Lindholm, Vatanen and Kesler recovering from surgery. Getzlaf and Eaves ended camp injured, with it turning out Eaves has a strange nearly life-threatening immune/nervous system syndrome. Then Fowler twists his knee and is out 4-6 weeks, then Lindholm comes back, then Vatanen comes back, then Bieksa gets injured for a few games, then Getzlaf takes a puck to the face. We learn today that Getzlaf had surgery and will be out two months, then Kase gets kabonged tonight and doesn't return, then Gibson takes a shot to the face late and doesn't return. And Kesler is still more than a month away.

Just like... :censored: man. Can't we just injure the scrubs? Get healthy, guys.

Also, since 3 on 3 OT was instated, the Kings have won 26 of their 35 games that have ended in OT, most OT wins in the NHL in that span. The Ducks have won 7 of 19.

What's that? Why would you think I hate 3 on 3 OT? What could be the reason?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived