Winter of Discontent: The 2017-18 NHL Season

HedleyLamarr

Kings just traded Nic Dowd for Subban.

Really surprised Nashville would let him go after last year...oh, it's not PK...well I guess another back up to Quick couldn't hurt...it's not Malcolm either?! You're telling me there's another Subban??

Many people on Twitter fell for the clickbait headline despite Jordan's picture being front and center.

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 03/12/2017 at 2:21 AM, Ice_Cap said:

Look at the Habs climbing out of the basement.

When Carey Price returned, the Habs went on a mini tear. However, that recent string of consecutive wins came against mostly bottom seeds: against the last place Sabres, the 25th place Red Wings (2x), and the 28th place Senators. The other win came against the Blue Jackets who are so-so.

The wins are nice. But when the competition increases, the struggling begins. I've seen key Habs players crumble apart many times before against certain adversities that they can't seem to overcome or handle.

Nashville/Vegas feuding..

http://thebiglead.com/2017/12/09/solid-cheering-in-the-press-box-beef-brewing-between-las-vegas-golden-knights-and-nashville-writers/

The Las Vegas Golden Knights defeated the Nashville Predators, 4-3, in overtime Friday night. But the real action, as always, was on Twitter. The Las Vegas official team account accused Nashville reporters of cheering in the press box after a Predators goal.

The tweet was subsequently deleted

The Nashville hockey writers were giant babies for overreacting to an obvious joke but on the other hand, "snarky" team twitter accounts have been played out for years. I've lost track of how many times i've seen that "our goalie is better than yours" Jonathan Quick tweet from the LA Kings sarcastically quoted.

You don't need to be snarky. The Penguins have not lost a playoff series since this tweet

1zgyd8w.jpg

Jakub Vrana has sneakily been good for the Caps this season, just scored his 10th goal last night and is helping give the Caps some much needed reliable, auxiliary scoring. Exciting young talent to go along with Djoos and Bowey on the blue line. 

spacer.png

On 12/8/2017 at 10:33 PM, habsfan1 said:

When Carey Price returned, the Habs went on a mini tear. However, that recent string of consecutive wins came against mostly bottom seeds: against the last place Sabres, the 25th place Red Wings (2x), and the 28th place Senators. The other win came against the Blue Jackets who are so-so.

The wins are nice. But when the competition increases, the struggling begins. I've seen key Habs players crumble apart many times before against certain adversities that they can't seem to overcome or handle.

I love that!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Sorry that I'm late to the party, but the Maple Leafs are hosting an afternoon 100 year commemorative game against..... the Carolina Hurricanes???

What in the actual F?

Why wouldn't this be played against Montreal or Ottawa (put someone else in that stupid outdoor game) or at the very least an O6. I know none of them other than Montreal were around in 1917, but come on...Carolina???

sig.png

Not sure where this belongs but I'll put it here because the Flyers built / run the place:

The Wells Fargo center now has breastfeeding pods.  I had no idea what a breasteeding pod was or what "mamava" was until this article.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/wells-fargo-first-pa-sports-arena-offer-breastfeeding-pod/?utm_campaign=fb+health+feed&utm_medium=social+flow&utm_source=facebook

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 12/22/2017 at 12:32 PM, the admiral said:

The privacy, I get, but why does locking and unlocking a door require an app?

Internetof :censored: basically. 

But probably actually for data collection. Presumably the app, (which I've never heard of despite being the father of a 19 month old, maybe it isn't a thing in Canada), collects data about the users, and then the company can build of a profile of who uses these pods, when they are used, and then sell advertising in the pods or the app based on that profile. 

Archived