Winter of Discontent: The 2017-18 NHL Season

HedleyLamarr

The Bruins have acquired Rick Nash from the Rangers in exchange for Ryan Spooner, Matt Beleskey, Ryan Lindgren, a 1st in 2018 and a 7th in 2019.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a huge fan of this trade for The Bruins. 

I feel like Spooner & Beleskey have a higher ceiling than Nash.  

I would have preferred McDonagh, but I guess their price for him was too high. Plus I just have a feeling he's going to end up with Toronto, now. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

4 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

Not a huge fan of this trade for The Bruins. 

I feel like Spooner & Beleskey have a higher ceiling than Nash. Who seems to be more on the downslide as of late.  

I would have preferred McDonagh, but I guess their price for him was too high. Plus I just have a feeling he's going to end up with Toronto, now. 

Belesky’s not young; he probably is what he is at this point... 15 goals in a good year? The Bruins probably wanted out of the contract more than the Rangers were looking to acquire him.

2 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

I feel like Spooner & Beleskey have a higher ceiling than Nash.  

25iTe.gif

Matt Beleskey is about to turn 30 and the only thing of note he's done in his career was put up 22 goals in 2014-15, which I'm pretty sure was more of a product of playing with Corey Perry in Anaheim. He's also put up 6 points in 21 games with Providence this year. Providence. For what he was getting paid, 6 points in 21 games would have been pathetic if he was doing it in the NHL, never mind the AHL. As much as I wanted to love Beleskey, he was just too frustrating to watch.

And speaking of frustrating, that pretty much defines the career of Ryan Spooner. You never knew which Ryan Spooner you would get prior to the game starting; the Ryan Spooner who was a playmaking dynamo or the Ryan Spooner who didn't know what the hell he was doing on the ice. He's yet another Bruins prospect that hasn't lived up to the hype, but to be fair, he's certainly done better than other Bruins prospects that have been hyped to the moon and back (re: Jared Knight, Zach Hamill, Joe Colborne, Jordan Caron, etc.) but at 26 and playing at such a deep position for the Bruins, he was completely expendable.

I like this deal. The Bruins can't be trusted with first round draft picks anyway, so this is a pretty positive move for the team. I honestly feel like the Bruins didn't give up that much for such a premiere player.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Nash only has 3 more points than Spooner, Overall he doesn't seem like much of an upgrade when they could have kept Spooner who is younger, for far less. 

Hopefully I'm wrong though, and Nash brings back his 2014 self with The Bruins.   

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

FYI, ESPN will simulcast TSN's TradeCentre on ESPN 2 (2-4 p.m. EST, deadline at 3 p.m. EST) and WatchESPN/ESPN 3. (8 a.m. - 6 p.m. EST).

It's an absolutely shocking turn of events for many reasons, but if you don't want to watch Sportsnet's coverage via NHL Network (you don't) or NBCSN's cover-hahahahahaha, they don't have trade deadline coverage.... 

Turn on ESPN 2 for some hockey coverage tomorrow. What did I just type.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

4 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

Seattle apparently sold out 10k season ticket deposits in about 10 minutes.  

And 25K in an hour.

Go get 'em, Sockeyes!

Me: "Oh, the Ducks are on national TV tonight against Washington at home. That's cool. Nice exposure in the middle of a playoff race."

*Turns on NBCSN*

Joe Beninati: "Renew your Capitals season tickets today!"

Me: "God damn it."

1 hour ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Me: "Oh, the Ducks are on national TV tonight against Washington at home. That's cool. Nice exposure in the middle of a playoff race."

*Turns on NBCSN*

Joe Beninati: "Renew your Capitals season tickets today!"

Me: "God damn it."

The Capitals Player of the Game (in a 4-0 Ducks win on "national" TV): Tom Wilson... for... trying... to hit people? I don't know.

Thanks, NBCSN. True comedy.

Archived