Winter of Discontent: The 2017-18 NHL Season

HedleyLamarr

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it not a bench minor at the discretion of the coach? Patrick Kane has taken his share of bench minors on the 1% chance the kill can spring him on a breakaway, and yes, there's a joke about Patrick Kane and "bench minors" that's cruising right down Broadway and I'm preempting it for our own good.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Of course.

Of all the days for the Flames to finally beat the Ducks in Anaheim for the first time in 29 games, it's the day when the city is literally on fire.

Here's to your next win in 2030.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

5 hours ago, the admiral said:

I dunno, last time I watched something with eight slashes in an hour, it was directed by Wes Craven.

Eight slashes is one rush up the ice... the refs are just calling some of them now.

Well, I can't complain too much, I'm in favor of calling the rules on the books to nudge players in the right direction, and if Buffalo leads the league in power play conversions again this year, I'll be happy that you'll have a Stanley Cup parade to attend.

10 hours ago, the admiral said:

Is it not a bench minor at the discretion of the coach? Patrick Kane has taken his share of bench minors on the 1% chance the kill can spring him on a breakaway, and yes, there's a joke about Patrick Kane and "bench minors" that's cruising right down Broadway and I'm preempting it for our own good.

It should be a bench minor, like the too-many-men call that happened later in the game. The coach got to choose who served the penalty both times, and both times he chose Ho-Sang. But for some reason they charge the delay of game to Ho-Sang and not the team.

22E750BA-F4CC-475E-87EF-092637D58631.jpeg

I hope Barbashev is healthy and has made a full recovery from having the game delayed against him. You know, I've always said that you should be suspended for as long as the other guy is hurt.

11 hours ago, the admiral said:

Well, I can't complain too much, I'm in favor of calling the rules on the books to nudge players in the right direction, and if Buffalo leads the league in power play conversions again this year, I'll be happy that you'll have a Stanley Cup parade to attend.

My always thinking the Sabres will turn it around this year is starting to turn into the converse of me thinking every year will be the year the Patriots fall back to Earth.

13 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

Can we please contract the Coyotes already? 

This is just Bettman's way of getting everyone used to a desert rivalry with (L)VGK only to ship the 'Yotes to KeyArena 2.0.

VmWIn6B.png

8 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

Can we please contract the Coyotes already? 

John Chayka exploits brilliant market inefficiency: you can't give up shot attempts if you don't have a team

It'll be interesting to see if Vegas has some staying power.

I was pretty much dismissing them doing much because they are an expansion team and they'll be building for down-the-road success, but there is something to an athlete that's got a chip on their shoulder.  For the most part, this roster is made up of guys whose previous employer said "We're fine if we lose you for nothing".  23 guys with a chip on their shoulder...that could carry them for a little bit.  Still don't think they'll make the playoffs, but don't underestimate a player that's got some 'dog' in him.

Archived