HedleyLamarr

Winter of Discontent: The 2017-18 NHL Season

the admiral    10,664

I dunno, last time I watched something with eight slashes in an hour, it was directed by Wes Craven.

cmm    356

Poor Josh Ho-Sang is being charged 2 PIM because the Islanders lost an offsides challenge. The scorekeeper must be one of those HOW CAN HE WEAR 66??!!?!? clowns.

the admiral    10,664

Is it not a bench minor at the discretion of the coach? Patrick Kane has taken his share of bench minors on the 1% chance the kill can spring him on a breakaway, and yes, there's a joke about Patrick Kane and "bench minors" that's cruising right down Broadway and I'm preempting it for our own good.

Morgo    2,162

The Honda Center curse ends at 13 unlucky years!  4 Anaheim regulars were out but I'll gladly take it B).  Still early but maybe the Mike Smith signing wasn't as idiotic as people thought.  We can dream.

Still MIGHTY    1,927

Of course.

Of all the days for the Flames to finally beat the Ducks in Anaheim for the first time in 29 games, it's the day when the city is literally on fire.

Here's to your next win in 2030.

Cosmic    2,556
5 hours ago, the admiral said:

I dunno, last time I watched something with eight slashes in an hour, it was directed by Wes Craven.

Eight slashes is one rush up the ice... the refs are just calling some of them now.

the admiral    10,664

Well, I can't complain too much, I'm in favor of calling the rules on the books to nudge players in the right direction, and if Buffalo leads the league in power play conversions again this year, I'll be happy that you'll have a Stanley Cup parade to attend.

cmm    356
10 hours ago, the admiral said:

Is it not a bench minor at the discretion of the coach? Patrick Kane has taken his share of bench minors on the 1% chance the kill can spring him on a breakaway, and yes, there's a joke about Patrick Kane and "bench minors" that's cruising right down Broadway and I'm preempting it for our own good.

It should be a bench minor, like the too-many-men call that happened later in the game. The coach got to choose who served the penalty both times, and both times he chose Ho-Sang. But for some reason they charge the delay of game to Ho-Sang and not the team.

22E750BA-F4CC-475E-87EF-092637D58631.jpeg

the admiral    10,664

I hope Barbashev is healthy and has made a full recovery from having the game delayed against him. You know, I've always said that you should be suspended for as long as the other guy is hurt.

Cosmic    2,556
11 hours ago, the admiral said:

Well, I can't complain too much, I'm in favor of calling the rules on the books to nudge players in the right direction, and if Buffalo leads the league in power play conversions again this year, I'll be happy that you'll have a Stanley Cup parade to attend.

My always thinking the Sabres will turn it around this year is starting to turn into the converse of me thinking every year will be the year the Patriots fall back to Earth.

Bucfan56    3,851

Can we please contract the Coyotes already? 

LMU    3,137
13 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

This is just Bettman's way of getting everyone used to a desert rivalry with (L)VGK only to ship the 'Yotes to KeyArena 2.0.

habsfan1    1,348

In 12 minutes of a single period, the Vegas Golden Knights scored as many goals as the Montreal Canadiens all season thus far.

the admiral    10,664
8 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

John Chayka exploits brilliant market inefficiency: you can't give up shot attempts if you don't have a team

HedleyLamarr    1,387

It'll be interesting to see if Vegas has some staying power.

I was pretty much dismissing them doing much because they are an expansion team and they'll be building for down-the-road success, but there is something to an athlete that's got a chip on their shoulder.  For the most part, this roster is made up of guys whose previous employer said "We're fine if we lose you for nothing".  23 guys with a chip on their shoulder...that could carry them for a little bit.  Still don't think they'll make the playoffs, but don't underestimate a player that's got some 'dog' in him.