MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, DIYsportsguy said:

From what I have seen, the Nationals will have a navy jersey with the "Nationals" script. The style guide also showed the Tigers jersey now having the "D" from the hat. Hopefully that is just a printing error. The hat logo looks strange on a jersey and vice versa.

Where did you see that?

49 minutes ago, daveindc said:

Where did you see that?

I'm guessing…?

1 hour ago, DIYsportsguy said:

From what I have seen, the Nationals will have a navy jersey with the "Nationals" script. The style guide also showed the Tigers jersey now having the "D" from the hat. Hopefully that is just a printing error. The hat logo looks strange on a jersey and vice versa.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

2 hours ago, kestrel79 said:

Brewers going to the modern colored BiG full time? Hard to believe how long they have had their current set.I'm still waiting for Milwaukee to appear on their road grays...I have no proof of this, just guessing.

Ugh.  That could be the worst of all possible worlds. 

Come on, Milwaukee. This ain't hard. 

15 hours ago, DIYsportsguy said:

The style guide also showed the Tigers jersey now having the "D" from the hat. Hopefully that is just a printing error.

It would definitely look weird, but it would be nice to have a standardized look. Same goes for the Yankees' interlocking NY logo.

9 hours ago, DIYsportsguy said:

A friend with access gave me a peek. Those were the only things I saw at a quick glance. I'll second that the BP jersey is coming back, too. I heard that as well.

It wouldn't surprise me if its the same mesh-y material from the HR Derby caps. 

17 hours ago, Michael Bolton said:

Hoping for some Marlins changes under the new ownership. Or will they have to wait until 2019 because the sale happened so late this season?

Yeah 2019 if not later. The sale hasn't gone through, hasn't even been voted on by the other owners. All that's really happened is Jeffrey Loria agreeing to sell to the Bruce Sherman-Derek Jeter group and I heard just a few days ago that the group may even be shorter on the finances than expected. There is still a ways to go. The change in ownership could be farther away than many realize. 

Edit: Oh wait, it's you. I thought you knew this stuff man lol 

17 hours ago, kestrel79 said:

Brewers going to the modern colored BiG full time? Hard to believe how long they have had their current set.I'm still waiting for Milwaukee to appear on their road grays...I have no proof of this, just guessing.

God I hope not.  I really don't have a problem with the regular "M" cap and would like to see it stick around.  I'd like to see someone with great graphic skills recolor the current set in royal/yellow just to see how the full set would look.  If they insist on keeping navy, then I'd like them to get rid of the old gold and just go navy/yellow.  And yes...I would like to see Milwaukee on the road grays.

33 minutes ago, CitizenTino said:

I'm probably opening Pandora's box here, but honestly, I'd be pretty surprised if Chief Wahoo is still on any Indians jerseys or hats next year.

Yeah, that seems like when not if. But getting rid of the Chief is more than just jerseys and apparel. I wonder how much it's plastered around the stadium.

On 9/18/2017 at 12:53 AM, Ben in LA said:

I for one hope the Halos incorporate more navy...and bring back the gold halo.

The Padres will probably ne making some tweaks as well. Haha.

I am probably in the minority on this one but I love how red-dominate the Angels are and I don't want to see too much navy.  I also like the current halo better than a gold one.  I am not totally sold on their red-on-red alternate, so maybe some more blue there.  But if I could force the Angels to do one thing it would be to get rid of the patch on their right sleeve.  They don't need two different patches on the two sleeves and the "Halo A" is way over-used on the jerseys.

Regarding the Padres, I'm sure there's a meeting coming up on how to make their uniforms more boring.  

17 hours ago, kestrel79 said:

I would not be surprised to see the modern-colored BiG full-time, but that would not solve their problems.  The modern colors are a big part of their problem.  Everything else on the uniform (fonts, drop-shadows, stupid little tail) is the rest of it.  The BiG itself was a clever design in the 1970s and my take is that it looks very 70s (though admittedly not as much in the modern colors).  Since the mid-1990s look is a non-starter, I really want to see them go royal and yellow, a color scheme that is far too lacking in pro sports nowadays.  The BiG is popular enough that I'll accept it as part of that look.

Unfortunately, I think the fan-base likes the BiG and is really indifferent toward the rest.  So a dark/drab BiG on the rest of this mess will probably satisfy.  I hold out some hope that the old uniforms/colors, which represent a few really good years in the early 1980s, are enough of that draw that the team will move in that direction.  Regarding the bold, yeah.  It's been around, I think, since the year Miller Park was supposed to open (1999 or so).  It never seemed like a design that had staying power.  And I think it's worn out its welcome.  Of course I thought that the minute I saw them.  But I feel like (and I could be wrong), when I joined this board in the mid-2000s, it was well-liked and now I don't think too many people around here like it at all.  If I'm right, that kind of shows that the look is growing stale.  Regarding "Milwaukee," that 1980s road script is reason enough to bring back the 1980s look.  But I feel like I've heard on the boards that the Brewers kind of shy from that because the rest of the state does not really like Milwaukee.  (though they've since added it to an alt...)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived