MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

I've been to Dolphin Stadium for a Marlins game once (I think it was known as Landshark Stadium at the time). It was like a ghost town. I've been to 10 baseball stadiums and this one was easily the worst. 

XM4KeeA.png

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, marlinfan said:

Marlins feedback page is asking whether the home jersey should be in block or cursive.

https://www.mlb.com/marlins/fans/dimelo

Clearly there is an ownership/senior managerial desire to change the uniforms. 

Marlins in cursive? Maybe...but I think there's a better chance of it looking awful rather than good. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 3/6/2018 at 10:26 AM, FightingGoldenDevil said:

This is not a drill. They've finally brought it back

On 3/6/2018 at 3:22 PM, johnnysama said:

Bravo to the Diamondbacks! :D It has been 22 years since a bullpen cart graced an MLB park. I'd love to see more teams go this route, especially with the Mariners; they should bring back the tugboat (and maybe the USS Mariner in center field, while we're at it...). :)

7 hours ago, marlinfan said:

Marlins feedback page is asking whether the home jersey should be in block or cursive.

https://www.mlb.com/marlins/fans/dimelo

There is nothing more important than the voices of our fans. We have made a promise since day one to listen to what our fans have to say and we are committed to that very promise.  

Which  DJs should play at games and getting new uniforms..... great to see Jeter and the team focusing on what's most important  :lol:

2 hours ago, skip88 said:

There is nothing more important than the voices of our fans. We have made a promise since day one to listen to what our fans have to say and we are committed to that very promise.  

Which  DJs should play at games and getting new uniforms..... great to see Jeter and the team focusing on what's most important  :lol:

i think it’s always great when clubs seek fan feedback.  

That is what’s important. 

4 hours ago, skip88 said:

It'd be really weird if the fan survey asked "Which Single-A prospects should we go after?" or "What should the average season ticket price be?" or "What are the three main financial statements that MLB uses?" or "Who has the best prices on lawnmowers?"

I think they are asking decent questions to the fans.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

i think it’s always great when clubs seek fan feedback.  

That is what’s important. 

If only they had done so before selling off Stanton, Ozuna, Gordon, and Yelich for a pittance. 

9 hours ago, daveindc said:

Do they have multiple carts for bringing the entire bullpen out for a bench clearing brawl???

spacer.png                                                    Chicago_White_Sox.svg

34 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:
1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Yes.  Pretty sure that's buried earlier in this thread.

Yes, @CC97 our fearless leader confirmed the change around the time they released the 20th anniversary details.

Chris didn't seem sure about it ("There’s your new Tampa Bay Rays primary logo I guess?") and Paul Lukas never mentioned it in The 2018 Uni Watch MLB Preview, which is why I was asking.

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves • Under the moon

22 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

Chris didn't seem sure about it ("There’s your new Tampa Bay Rays primary logo I guess?") 

I took that as him being underwhelmed, not unsure.  But either makes sense.

This part seemed clear, though:

The team *also* snuck in a slight change to their primary logo, on the Rays new “logo and uniform history page” (competition!) they noted their simple “RAYS” wordmark logo is the primary logo from “2018-Present” with their diamond logo listed as “2008-2017” 

Who has access to the Style Guide?

For whatever reason, I can't seem to figure out how to load new attachments to post photos.

But anyways, looks like the Diamondbacks are going all out for the throwbacks to their first game ever.

https://www.lids.com/arizona-diamondbacks-new-era-2018-mlb-turn-back-the-clock-59fifty-cap/21006498

The purple hat with the original opening day patch is what they will be wearing for Saturday's game. This photo below is what they have listed on their website too, I'm guessing the purple batting helmets with the D logo will make an appearance as well, love this uniform! And on April 19 it looks like the white hat with the purple bill will make a comeback this year too, awesome.

Heres the link from their website to the rest of the throwback uniform lineup.

https://www.mlb.com/dbacks/history/uniforms

cut.jpg

cut.jpg

DZU9HDHW0AA8G1M.jpg

Speaking of views from the parks, the recession slowed development outside Nats Park but it's finally catching up. I'm disappointed that the future buildings north of the park won't be completed by the ASG, but the view will look pretty interesting once they do go up. This pic is from today.

On 3/26/2018 at 7:50 AM, marlinfan said:

If anyone complained it was likely those sitting in leftfield or along 3B. The rest of the ballpark is relatively shaded for a 1pm start (65%). I've been in leftfield when the roof is open and it can be difficult to watch the game for a 1pm start. Roof should definitely be open for more 4pm and 7pm starts. There were a few games last year that I wondered why the roof wasn't open. They should experiment with opening the glass curtain with roof closed for more games.

Thursday's game is the earliest Opening Day start time in Marlins Park history. We'll see if they open the roof and how many people complain. 

When the the roof is closed it feels like you're in the middle of nowhere. You can't see the city outside. All the highlighter colors and the field feel less vibrant.

You’re right, I think that picture is from the infamous opening day where we had a rain delay because it started to pour out of nowhere. A sunshower over the ballpark but not on the parking garages anywhere else!

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

15 hours ago, daveindc said:

DZU9HDHW0AA8G1M.jpg

Speaking of views from the parks, the recession slowed development outside Nats Park but it's finally catching up. I'm disappointed that the future buildings north of the park won't be completed by the ASG, but the view will look pretty interesting once they do go up. This pic is from today.

I know what you mean.  It's still better than when St. Louis hosted the All-Star Game and we still had a view of a big dirt lot.  I'm glad they finally got something built there that looks decent, but man it would've been better if it had been done then.  

spacer.png                                                    Chicago_White_Sox.svg

On 3/27/2018 at 12:08 PM, Survival79 said:

Chris didn't seem sure about it ("There’s your new Tampa Bay Rays primary logo I guess?") and Paul Lukas never mentioned it in The 2018 Uni Watch MLB Preview, which is why I was asking.

Hmmm... @CC97 didn't include it in his 2018 Team-By-Team MLB Logo and Uniform Preview either.

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves • Under the moon

2 hours ago, CardsFan79 said:

I know what you mean.  It's still better than when St. Louis hosted the All-Star Game and we still had a view of a big dirt lot.  I'm glad they finally got something built there that looks decent, but man it would've been better if it had been done then.  

Saw this park a few years back, and I left thinking it was quite generic. Had plenty of time during a rain delay to wander around and check for any interesting views. There's like one cool perch where you can catch the Capitol Building...and that's about it. From inside the park, if someone blindfolded you beforehand, you'd really have no sense that this was Washington, D.C. when you opened your eyes. Thoughts?

Archived